January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Unfortunately not.

"I have seen a few things recently, let's sign Jarod Bowen, he's a Villa fan," Bowen told Soccer Saturday. "I am like, I want to reply, but I'm not a Villa fan. It's my Dad who is a Villa fan. Let's just get this straight. 

"My first goal was Villa away. On my Mum's birthday, last year and my Dad was there. I think he sprained his ankle ligaments in the celebrations of the goal. I don't think he was a Villa fan that day, he was more just buzzing that I scored. Luckily, he was in the away end."

Ah well, we can convert him once he’s signed for us. Imagine how many bones his Dad might break when he scores his first goal for us? We may have to strap him down in his seat to protect him from himself. 😀

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Ah well, we can convert him once he’s signed for us. Imagine how many bones his Dad might break when he scores his first goal for us? We may have to strap him down in his seat to protect him from himself. 😀

indeed, he can be converted 😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Bowen is such an obvious signing. He'll cost a bit, but is exactly what we're crying out for, connected to the club, looks a class above in the Championship. If we go down, we'll either sell him for a similar amount, or he'll be great for us in the Championship. As I said before, I'll be really annoyed if I see him tearing it up for a relegation competitor (a bit like Maupay was for a while). 

What’s the connection? Is he a Villa fan or was on our books or what?

I don’t think I’ve ever really watched him but every week he seems to be scoring. 

Edit: this was just answered above.

Edited by Adam2003

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

To join his boyhood club and play in the Premier League? I think he might

Pay as you play deals for his boyhood club isn’t going to fund his LA mansions and his luxury dogs if he got injured. 

He ain’t joining us mate. 

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Heard rumours of targetting one of either Timo Werner or Moussa Dembele. There will definitely be players leaving if that is the case.

I would absolutely love it if we got one of those and get rid of Kodjia ..... oh wait you’re referring to Chelsea getting them ... make it clear man I nearly opened my box of kleenex that I reserve for special  occasions....

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Pay as you play deals for his boyhood club isn’t going to fund his LA mansions and his luxury dogs if he got injured. 

He ain’t joining us mate. 

Probably not but who would you suggest?

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

If fit, Sturidge is a no brainier. 

Why? In the summer people say no way to him.

ive not kept up to  how Sturidge has does recently so I’m genuinely asking.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We might have to seriously consider buying a keeper now that Heaton is out.

Nyland isn't trustworthy.

Think you need to look up the definition of trustworthy, unless you think he’s been telling people lies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I literally have no idea which position we’ll sign players in, let alone who we could go for, but I have trust and faith in Smith and his team to pull a few rabbits out of the hat. As long as one of them isn’t Tom Carroll.

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? In the summer people say no way to him.

ive not kept up to  how Sturidge has does recently so I’m genuinely asking.

Seems to actually be doing very well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We might have to seriously consider buying a keeper now that Heaton is out.

Nyland isn't trustworthy.

I thought Nyland's problem was his handling and the fact that he flapped at crosses. First I think his handling has improved significantly just look at the great catch in the 98th minute he made. Second Heaton rarely comes for crosses. Third Nyland's distribution is better.

Now Nyland isn't a better keeper than Steer or Heaton but he is a genuinely good shot stopper because he is very agile and tall. We just need to get to any loose balls first and deal with it. So we have to improve our marking in the box and everywhere else. 

• Like 1