January Transfers 2019/20

sne

11 minutes ago, useless said:

I remember the self proclaimed experts on here writing off Ings in the summer, look at him go now.

Pretty sure most people just felt it was a risk with his injury record, I don’t think many don’t rate him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Pretty sure most people just felt it was a risk with his injury record, I don’t think many don’t rate him.

I'm sure Southampton had a clause where they had to buy him and it was 20 odd million ? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Ings' issue has always been keeping fit. He's definitely a risk, even though he is playing out of his skin atm. 

Yup, he's missed almost 100 games due to injury from the 15/16 season til now.

Fwiw Transfermarkt's stats on Daniel Sturridge's injuries is 2 pages long, according to them he's had 6 different injuries since he joined Trabzonspor alone :D 

19/20 Muscle Injury Dec 8, 2019 Dec 13, 2019 5 days 2Trabzonspor
19/20 Calf muscle strain Nov 24, 2019 Nov 29, 2019 5 days 1Trabzonspor
19/20 Thigh muscle rupture Oct 28, 2019 Nov 24, 2019 27 days 5Trabzonspor
19/20 Groin Injury Oct 23, 2019 Oct 25, 2019 2 days 1Trabzonspor
19/20 Achilles tendon problems Sep 22, 2019 Sep 26, 2019 4 days 1Trabzonspor
19/20 Fitness Aug 25, 2019 Sep 2, 2019 8 days 3Trabzonspor

https://www.transfermarkt.com/daniel-sturridge/verletzungen/spieler/47082

Edited by sne
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Ings' issue has always been keeping fit. He's definitely a risk, even though he is playing out of his skin atm. 

He’s always been a very centre forward though, he works very hard and has no little skill. I remember him scoring for Burnley in a 1-0 victory for them in 2015 and thinking they’ve got a player there

We're slight odds on to sign Bowen with serial liars and money grabbers Skybet.

Not totally sold myself, not sure he's natural striker, been on the wing a lot this season.

We should have got him in the summer instead of Trez.

16 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

United are barely using Tuanzebe. Chelsea are throwing Hudson-Odoi on for 20 minutes a game, sure. I don't believe they think he is getting as much game time as they hoped and realistically he'll see that diminish after January now they can go and sign some players. But yeah agree they'd be hard to come by, it's a speculation thread , 🤷🏻‍♂️

Batshuayi and or Giroud both likely come available now they can be replaced. They'd have gone in the summer if they could've signed someone.

Batshuayi will head to Crystal Palace with Zaha going the other way most likely. Giroud will be looking for a permanent move most likely that'll rule us out.

This is probably a bit harsh and assumes a lot but the only thing that worries me about Bowen is he looks like he’s carrying a few extra lbs. Not fat by any means. I should probably also caveat this by saying I haven’t watched him play this season so may be way off the mark.

Obviously this doesn’t necessarily mean anything as Rooney was the same and worked fantastically hard and on the other end of this scale is McCormack. You just don’t see it that much anymore in the top flight with how much work goes into health and fitness.

Bradley Dack is another one I thought this about and I think it’s fairly well publicised he does like a drink. Not that surprising going out with a Love Islander.

BBC reporting that the club fears that Wesley is going to miss the season, we needed a centre-forward anyway, we might need two now, because if we sign just the one not sure we can risk having to rely on any of Kodjia, Hogan, or Davies for any period of time.

20 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Have there been any serious links yet?  I see lots of speculation, but nothing that seems realistic yet.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

BBC reporting that the club fears that Wesley is going to miss the season, we needed a centre-forward anyway, we might need two now, because if we sign just the one not sure we can risk having to rely on any of Kodjia, Hogan, or Davies for any period of time.

Yeah that is a big blow - typical Villa luck! 2x CF, Winger ( Bowen), DCM ( Poss Vida) required as a minimum. ACM also really

2 minutes ago, useless said:

No chance we sign two unless one is on loan. We may need a keeper, another winger and for what we would pay for a back up striker we aren't going to get much better than Kodjia/Davis.