January Transfers 2019/20

sne

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Would love to get Nahki Wells from QPR but I think he’d be expensive, him and another quick striker would be good

Would be a terrific signing for a Championship campaign. He's 29, seemingly been around forever and not once made the step up, not a Premier League player.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Would be a terrific signing for a Championship campaign. He's 29, seemingly been around forever and not once made the step up, not a Premier League player.

I hadn’t realised his age, but I agree, not good enough record at this stage in his career.

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Go and get Tuanzebe, Hudson Odoi and Batshuayi on loan. Spend the money we have on Bowen and/or Benrahma on a perm.

What makes you think Chelsea and Man U would loan out players they are using?

The other 2 maybe more realistic although both clubs around play off mix so unlikely to sell unless at a massive premium. 

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Go and get Tuanzebe, Hudson Odoi and Batshuayi on loan. Spend the money we have on Bowen and/or Benrahma on a perm.

Only allowed to have two Premier League players on loan and registered in the squad. Would agree that any two of the three suggested would improve us though.

Eze from QPR looks a real gem but sadly after today’s couple of injuries, our priorities are another striker and keeper :( 

I’d still go in for Bowen though. 

Even Benteke in loan now has to be an option - I would ordinarily be against this but with an injury crisis in that position its not the worst solution 

Edited by theboyangel

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bt sport saying heaton has ruptured acl and looking at about a year out - we   need to loan a quality keeper if possible - not keen on Nyland as 1st choice 

FFS. Heaton would be close to 35 if he is out for as long as predicted. Probably done at this level sadly. Terrible news.

Agreed that we need to bring a GK in now.

Striker - mitrovic cost 25 million ?

Midfielder - Bowen cost 15 million ?

Midfielder - loan

Forward - loan

Defender - the pony tailed one 6 million ?

That's around 45 to 50 million to give us the best chance of survival.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Striker - mitrovic cost 25 million ?

Midfielder - Bowen cost 15 million ?

Midfielder - loan

Forward - loan

Defender - the pony tailed one 6 million ?

That's around 45 to 50 million to give us the best chance of survival.

Add an extra 10-15m for Mitrovic. Signed a 4 or 5 year deal in the summer.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Chelsea have no ban now so I think they can spend in Jan. Maybe they might let players leave.

Heard rumours of targetting one of either Timo Werner or Moussa Dembele. There will definitely be players leaving if that is the case.

Anyone going onto NewsNow and seeing a link to a former Liverpool striker from Birmingham Live do not bother clicking the link.

It's complete and utter clickbait at its worst/best

Its Daniel Sturridge :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Birmingham Live/Birmingham Mail sink to a new low !!!!

• Like 1

Are there any players we can sell to generate funds? Could we find cash buyers for players like Lansbury, Kodjia etc? 

Why do we have injury after injury stacking up yet Wolves wo are playing tens of games more have had virtually no injuries whatsoever in 3 years. 

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Anyone going onto NewsNow and seeing a link to a former Liverpool striker from Birmingham Live do not bother clicking the link.

It's complete and utter clickbait at its worst/best

Its Daniel Sturridge :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Birmingham Live/Birmingham Mail sink to a new low !!!!

We're signing Sturridge and Jack Wilshere to keep Wesley and Heaton company for the next 12 months.

21 minutes ago, Elton said:

What makes you think Chelsea and Man U would loan out players they are using?

The other 2 maybe more realistic although both clubs around play off mix so unlikely to sell unless at a massive premium. 

United are barely using Tuanzebe. Chelsea are throwing Hudson-Odoi on for 20 minutes a game, sure. I don't believe they think he is getting as much game time as they hoped and realistically he'll see that diminish after January now they can go and sign some players. But yeah agree they'd be hard to come by, it's a speculation thread , 🤷🏻‍♂️

Batshuayi and or Giroud both likely come available now they can be replaced. They'd have gone in the summer if they could've signed someone.

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are there any players we can sell to generate funds? Could we find cash buyers for players like Lansbury, Kodjia etc? 

Why do we have injury after injury stacking up yet Wolves wo are playing tens of games more have had virtually no injuries whatsoever in 3 years. 

Luck of the draw. If it was lots of Hamstrings or muscle injuries I'd be inclined to agree - if I was a Newcastle fan at the minute I'd be raging at Steve Bruce...

But not a lot you can do when Heaton and McGinn both fall awkwardly injuring knees and ankles. And Wesleys comes from a bad tackle, which is always the risk when you play the sport. I don't think we can blame our training on the injuries (not sure if that's what you were getting at or not). Targett yes, but a one-off and some bad luck is just that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

United are barely using Tuanzebe. Chelsea are throwing Hudson-Odoi on for 20 minutes a game, sure. I don't believe they think he is getting as much game time as they hoped and realistically he'll see that diminish after January now they can go and sign some players. But yeah agree they'd be hard to come by, it's a speculation thread , 🤷🏻‍♂️

Batshuayi and or Giroud both likely come available now they can be replaced. They'd have gone in the summer if they could've signed someone.

I can’t see it with those teams still in Europe. The Chelsea strikers maybe if they sign replacements.

17 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Bowen, (1st choice)

Benrahma, (2nd choice)

Lolley, ( 3rd choice)

all scored again today , I'd be happy with either of them

Bowen and Benrahma have potential. I don’t think Lolley is good enough to be honest

• Like 4