January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

any players we could have that you know from your scouting role at Farcelona (Solihull)?!?!?

Hmmm let’s think, ones that are within our budget I assume you mean, well I’d take Daniel Sturridge on a play as you play deal. I’ve just checked on Wikipedia and he’s doing quite well in Turkey so that might be a non-starter. Jarrod Bowen would probably cost a lot but from the limited amount that I’ve seen of him, I’d take him, although I wouldn’t class him as an out and out striker, more of an inside forward. I’m trying to think of others but failing, what about yourself?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hmmm let’s think, ones that are within our budget I assume you mean, well I’d take Daniel Sturridge on a play as you play deal. I’ve just checked on Wikipedia and he’s doing quite well in Turkey so that might be a non-starter. Jarrod Bowen would probably cost a lot but from the limited amount that I’ve seen of him, I’d take him, although I wouldn’t class him as an out and out striker, more of an inside forward. I’m trying to think of others but failing, what about yourself?

Do you really think Sturridge would accept a pay as you play deal? 

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Striker - mitrovic cost 25 million ?

Midfielder - Bowen cost 15 million ?

Midfielder - loan

Forward - loan

Defender - the pony tailed one 6 million ?

That's around 45 to 50 million to give us the best chance of survival.

No chance are we getting Bowen for £15 mil. 16 goals and 6 assists so far this season, and a 23 year old.

Just now, turvontour said:

Wow, really! Well that makes it interesting. Surely every bottom half team will be in for him.

Dunno - it's wikipedia - BUT BUT BUT - if true, then deffo a chance we could get him....

That’s contributing to more than half of Hulls goals. They will struggle without him. 

But do they cash in now or lose him on a free at the end of the season...

edit: just read Hull have the option to extend the contract by another year. Doubt they’ll let him move in January unless it’s for a very large fee.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Bowen is such an obvious signing. He'll cost a bit, but is exactly what we're crying out for, connected to the club, looks a class above in the Championship. If we go down, we'll either sell him for a similar amount, or he'll be great for us in the Championship. As I said before, I'll be really annoyed if I see him tearing it up for a relegation competitor (a bit like Maupay was for a while). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Probably not, I don’t know, do you?

Yes I do know. He is not going to leave a reported £27,000 a week after tax salary to get paid for when he plays.  Plus he apparently got paid a 1.8 million sign on fee. 

Do any players actually accept pay as you play deals?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes I do know. He is not going to leave a reported £27,000 a week after tax salary to get paid for when he plays. 

To join his boyhood club and play in the Premier League? I think he might

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s a pity. Still money swears and isn’t he a Villa fan too?

Unfortunately not.

"I have seen a few things recently, let's sign Jarod Bowen, he's a Villa fan," Bowen told Soccer Saturday. "I am like, I want to reply, but I'm not a Villa fan. It's my Dad who is a Villa fan. Let's just get this straight. 

"My first goal was Villa away. On my Mum's birthday, last year and my Dad was there. I think he sprained his ankle ligaments in the celebrations of the goal. I don't think he was a Villa fan that day, he was more just buzzing that I scored. Luckily, he was in the away end."

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

To join his boyhood club and play in the Premier League? I think he might

No chance, short career and all that.  Can support Villa when he’s retired with his healthy bank balance.

• Like 2