January Transfers 2019/20

sne

34 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

If we are going to play 3-4-3 like today , id like Pedro, and Giroud

Pedro would be a useful signing in any formation. I think we need to sign a couple of strikers looking at Wesley’s injury. A winger and maybe a centre mid or defensive midfielder will be ideal. Continuing with 3-4-3 I would get in Luke Woolfenden from Ipswich. I think he looks a special talent. Brilliant young centre back. 

Even though he hasn’t tore up any trees that Jean Kevin Augustin would have been very good for us as he can cover the wings and up front. 

Pedro has the finishing ability that we crave from a forward, as well as the nous to get into positions that ask questions of opposition defense, often after they've realised he's asking.

Wholeheartedly disagree with Darren Bent's comments regarding Pedro being a poor fit as he's never been in a relegation dogfight, and always had a high volume of chances created.

Giroud could offer finesse that's established with know-how, he's pulled off some masterclass displays, he's generally solid, whether playing it on the floor, winning duels, in the air etc.

Apparently we lead the race for Benrahma, and although I can't guarantee he'll be a success, I imagine he'll do distinctly better than any of our current wingers. Ability to change games.

I'd happily take any of those three. The fee for Benrahma would make me wonder how much we'd have to invest elsewhere, but at the same time, I assume he'd be quality that we need.

Apparently the deal for that Werder Bremen forward who's on a good run of goal scoring form isn't dead yet either, and that's even with the 35million asking price for him.

If paper talk has any substance to it, which I don't know or care about really, then we are looking at our options for some serious recruitment this January, not that anything will come to..

Looks like we need a striker with the wesley injury, not happy for the injury but if we were not planning to sign another striker, seems clear we now must which in the long run will offer good competition.

Watch us not sign a striker now....

Kodjia needs to go, yesterday, and embarrassment.

Edited by MaVilla

If we are going to play 3-4-3 we definitely need to bring in Vida. A back 3 of Vida, Mings and Engles / Konsa / Hause would be much better.

Then we have to look at Bowen, Benrahma and a striker. Still think a loan deal for Batshuayi is our best option as he has PL experience and did well for Palace last season.

• Like 1

do we honestly think Bowen could cut it in the Prem?

Not implying he can or cant, just curious as to opinions?

He isnt particularly "skillful", just seems to have a knack for goals?

Not sure if i would prefer Benrahma, but....he doesnt seem the type of player to work hard?, we need our front 3 to put a shift in as well as do the skill stuff.

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we are going to play 3-4-3 we definitely need to bring in Vida. A back 3 of Vida, Mings and Engles / Konsa / Hause would be much better.

Then we have to look at Bowen, Benrahma and a striker. Still think a loan deal for Batshuayi is our best option as he has PL experience and did well for Palace last season.

yeah, we critically need a striker & inside forward imo, and we need to stick with the 3 at the back.

Then once those are sorted, maybe a midfielder to challenge Luiz/Nakamba since McGinn is injured.

I actually think our defensive options are pretty decent (if all fit), which isnt the case right now unfortunately. (think Konsa/Mings/Hause, or Konsa/Engels/Mings or whatever variance is fine, but that means we cant take as many injuries)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Walter Benitez can talk to foreign clubs today about a summer bosman. Heaton shot stopping is first class but his distribution let’s him down and if he has done his knee badly then worth an enquiry surely this Jan. Alexander Nubel is sadly no out of reach As he too is available on a free in the summer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

do we honestly think Bowen could cut it in the Prem?

Not implying he can or cant, just curious as to opinions?

He isnt particularly "skillful", just seems to have a knack for goals?

Not sure if i would prefer Benrahma, but....he doesnt seem the type of player to work hard?, we need our front 3 to put a shift in as well as do the skill stuff.

Bowen in the role Trez played today please

absolutely crucial to get a striker now after what Ben Mee did to Wesley. I'm fuming after that tackle.

you'd think it's fair that Burnley pays for some of the transfer costs too...**** thug!

Edited by osmark86