January Transfers 2019/20

sne

If he available on a loan I honestly don't think he are in a position to turn down Sturridge. Bit of a no brainer for me, a winner here and there could be the difference between 2 points and 6 points.

He also has an arrogance(confidence?!) about him,  been there and done it, which I think we are really lacking at times.

I wouldn't have took him in the summer, I would never have offered him a contract and committed to him, don't get me wrong

It's probably wise if we can sign players who can contribute in case we are relegated, and ideally someone who are used to the English game already and need less of a bedding in period. 

Whether that's Behnrama, Bowen or Eberechi Eze, or others. 

I am more interested in how quickly we will get in these players. One could argue that we would let January play out to see if we need spesific signings more than others, but right now the injury to Wesley made that pretty straight forward. A striker must come in quickly. 

• Like 1

Apparently Gabriel "Gabigol" Barbosa is available for about £20m or even less from Inter.

He didn't get going there but has been stellar for Santos and Flamengo in Brazil.

West Ham and Palace interested along with Fiorentina.

Be very interested in him especially if we could get a loan with option to buy in the summer.

Krzysztof Piatek another one who would be interesting on loan although I suspect Milan would rather sell him

16 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Unfortunately not.

"I have seen a few things recently, let's sign Jarod Bowen, he's a Villa fan," Bowen told Soccer Saturday. "I am like, I want to reply, but I'm not a Villa fan. It's my Dad who is a Villa fan. Let's just get this straight. 

"My first goal was Villa away. On my Mum's birthday, last year and my Dad was there. I think he sprained his ankle ligaments in the celebrations of the goal. I don't think he was a Villa fan that day, he was more just buzzing that I scored. Luckily, he was in the away end."

Still he might be more inclined to join villa if he had the chance, to make his dad proud. 

It won't happen, but you can bet your house, if Sturridge did come he'd be sensational for 5 games, shoot us up the league, be heralded as one of our own and then be unavailable due to injury, for the crucial run-in period, just when we need him most. So, perhaps we will sign him.

• Thanks 1

If Wes is out long term we need to bring Hogan back from his loan, loan ourselves another striker and buy a starting striker. Let Kodjia go. Loaner I'd go for is Benteke. He's always been good but fallen apart since leaving us. We could bring him back on loan until the end of the season and see if there's any spark left in him. 

I don't know who we should buy as a starting striker but Mitrovic does tick a lot of boxes:

He's young enough to fit in with our current crop of players

He has two seasons of Premier League experience and scored a fair amount of goals. 

He works hard for the team and can hold the ball up and bring others into play. 

He gets on the end of crosses - we scored the most goals from crosses in the Championship last season. 

He would cost a lot but he'll have sell-on value if things don't work out for him. 

PS: I wonder if Fulham would consider a cash plus Kodjia swap for Mitrovic? Kodjia has proven history of scoring plenty of goals at that level. Offer them £20-25m plus Kodjia maybe? 

Edited by Villarocker

Our colleagues at Foot Mercato report that Premier League strugglers Aston Villa have registered an interest in signing Belgian international forward Michy Batshuayi on loan from Chelsea this month.

The player has made 12 Premier League appearances this season but has yet to start a match in the division.

Batshuayi’s camp feel that this is not enough playing time, as he continues to look for stability following his exit from Marseille.

The 26-year-old Belgian international, with EURO 2020 on the horizon, is currently in a period of self-reflection about his future.

Villa would like to sign him on loan with an option to buy – we now await to see what the player’s position on the interest is and whether Batshuayi wants to go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We seem to be getting linked with so much speculative  rubbish ....other teams clearouts.

We have had enough of " Pigs in pokes " to last us a life time..

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

We seem to be getting linked with so much speculative  rubbish ....other teams clearouts.

We have had enough of " Pigs in pokes " to last us a life time..

I wouldn’t be too upset at picking up some of Chelsea’s clear outs. Without the transfer ban we might have got Tammy permanently the same way! 

For me right now the list of strikers should be:

Buy

Mitrovic

Morelos

Barbosa

Loan

Batshuayi

Giroud ?

Benteke ?

Unfortunately I think the 3 buy options will cost more than we are prepared to spend. Mitrovic being top of my list.

Batshuayi on loan looks to be picking up pace. Question marks next to Giroud and Benteke as I'm not sure either are good enough for us.

I hope our scouts have found some more options.