January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Since people have been talking a lot on here about Eze, check out his assist for their first today, right at the start of these highlights:

He's a beautiful player to watch, and I think there are a few similarities to Grealish in his style of play (obviously not at the same level). He also got another assist (though a miskick lol) and a goal in that game.

Wouldn't be averse to him at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Since people have been talking a lot on here about Eze, check out his assist for their first today, right at the start of these highlights:

He's a beautiful player to watch, and I think there are a few similarities to Grealish in his style of play (obviously not at the same level). He also got another assist (though a miskick lol) and a goal in that game.

Wouldn't be averse to him at all.

Me neither, I’ve only seen highlights on Quest but he looks excellent and is very young. He’s probably cost a lot and there would be a lot of other clubs after him too. It shows that players can be found in The Championship 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Habib diallo (striker from Metz) Jarrod Bowen (wide forward) and centre midfield either  Glen Kamara or Valentin Rongier 

I'm slightly biased, but Kamara would be an absolute awesome signing. He covers a lot of ground, is a great tackler and very calm in possession. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

60 hours until we need a striker.

I can't help but feel we're not that quick off the mark.

Davis isn't out on loan is he?

Perfect time for him to get a look in, held his own against the championship for half a season.

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

He got injured like 29mims into his West Brom debut too. If he came here guarantee he will be injured straight away... in another game for baggies vs Chelsea it took him just three mins to get injured.

its a no from me 

from memory sturrdiges problem at west brom wasn't just that he was injured its that he was showing the mental scars of so many injuries, that's politely calling him a lazy bottler...he didn't leave it all out there, you could see that he was running round and going in to stuff half hearted

• Like 1

Sturridge was called out by Klopp on his, er, 'desire'. He suggested that he was too happy to be injured and at times was choosing not to play because he wasn't fit when many other players would have just got on with it.

He was a talented striker, and briefly that talent shone through with great goal returns. But that was a long time ago and since then he's been seemingly permanently crocked and doesn't seem like he wants to play anymore. Going to Turkey is like semi retirement.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Sturridge was called out by Klopp on his, er, 'desire'. He suggested that he was too happy to be injured and at times was choosing not to play because he wasn't fit when many other players would have just got on with it.

He was a talented striker, and briefly that talent shone through with great goal returns. But that was a long time ago and since then he's been seemingly permanently crocked and doesn't seem like he wants to play anymore. Going to Turkey is like semi retirement.

Yes it looks like he has already had two or three injuries this season.  If he had played every game and was scoring then it might be worth the risk as it would look like he has the kick up the arse he needed but it doesn't really seem like that's the case.  I would be a bit pissed off if another club took the gamble and it paid off, mind you.

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Klopp is all about intensity of emotion and using that to propel yourself to better standards. It's no wonder he's done what he's done with Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool.

Sturridge let that opportunity fall by the wayside but I'd be prepared to give him a chance, ideally not at 65,000pw but there's a lot of talent in him.

Van Persie moved to Turkey and then went on to play at a high standard for Feyenoord maintaining an excellent strike rate, shows that Turkey isn't the end of a career necessarily.

Here's a Sturridge compilation from last season under Klopp, you tell me he's not adequate for the Premier League.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Davis isn't out on loan is he?

Perfect time for him to get a look in, held his own against the championship for half a season.

People losing their minds about Wesley goal return how they going to handle Davis?

2 goals vs Barnsley and Burton in 28 appearances 1499 mins 2 seasons ago

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People losing their minds about Wesley goal return how they going to handle Davis?

I’ll pick this apart. Wesley’s goal return has been poor but it’s his overall play that is criticised by many on here. He has struggled to do the basics on many occasions and a lot on here, me included, were worried we’d wasted 22m. He was excellent yesterday but the jury is still most definitely out.

Davis, granted, hasn’t been prolific either in the game time he’s had at the club. However, his all round game, in my opinion, is better than Wesley’s (yesterday aside). Davis needs a run of games in the team. Just as many on here are calling out for Wesley to be given more time, Davis needs to be afford this too and I think there is a good player in there if he can stay injury free.

Regardless of any of the above, we need at least one striker in January who can hit the ground running. 

• Like 1

Are people being serious with Sturridge and Drinkwater? A few years ago these would have been the signings we would have made, and lumbered with their contracts for 3-4 years. 

We aren't that club anymore.

All in for Mitrovic for me. Didn't play in the Carabao Cup 2nd round for Fulham so would be available for both legs against Leicester (especially looking at Villa Park) 

Get it done NSWE

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ll pick this apart. Wesley’s goal return has been poor but it’s his overall play that is criticised by many on here. He has struggled to do the basics on many occasions and a lot on here, me included, were worried we’d wasted 22m. He was excellent yesterday but the jury is still most definitely out.

Davis, granted, hasn’t been prolific either in the game time he’s had at the club. However, his all round game, in my opinion, is better than Wesley’s (yesterday aside). Davis needs a run of games in the team. Just as many on here are calling out for Wesley to be given more time, Davis needs to be afford this too and I think there is a good player in there if he can stay injury free.

Regardless of any of the above, we need at least one striker in January who can hit the ground running. 

Exaclty this is no bash on Wesley at all but if Davis had been given a run of 20 leauge games he would be better for it, once Bruce got to January he was out of the squad completely don't think he has ever been given a fair chance 

Eze and Bowen seem like good choices. There is also Lolley, who would no doubt give his right arm to play for us.  Then there is Benrahma and Wallace of course.

Presume we are looking across Europe for a forward or a Premier League loan, but what would people think of Watkins, Grant or Woodrow from the Championship? Would all be cheaper than Mitrovic, and all scoring goals this season.

If Heaton is out for the season, what about Randolph, Butland or the Cardiff keeper (forget his name). All have Premier League experience and could slot straight into the squad.

Edited by ferguson1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Cameron Jerome is leading the line at a top flight Turkish team. The level is utterly abysmal. Even Trezeguet looked a good player in that league.

Sturridge is finished, end of story.

• Like 3