January Transfers 2019/20

sne

said a long time ago in this thread batshuayi for me is realistically the best "PL experienced" striker we can hope for and a loan with an option to buy is probably the best deal we could hope for too

id rather him than mitrovic who I think would be ok but cost more than he's worth

Barbosa i'd love the gamble on but only if it was alongside someone else

• Like 2

I’d be very surprised if Chelsea loaned out Batshuayi tbh. He’s still getting games there. Hopefully Terry can have a word with Lampard because we’d be a better team with him up front than we are with Wesley. 

Just need to get Pedro in too! 

Even with money our table position and us being a newly promoted team means that potential targets might be hesitant to commit long term to us in January.

Loans with option to buy will likely be the best option for both us and them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Batshuayi anyone? (Rumors of loan to buy).

Genuine link or not, good or not?

No idea at all if it's a genuine link, the club usually plays stuff close to their chest, but there were a few outlets that reported some of our summer signings prior to any significant developments so it's not beyond doubt.

For what it's worth though I think Batshuayi would be a good signing, especially on loan. He'd fit in to our system, and despite being on loan he'd have a point to prove with the Euros coming in the summer, he will want to be in that Belgian squad, so we'd be getting a player that is already motivated to hit the ground running. He also offers something different to Wesley, which when both were fit would only be a good thing.

What’s Batshuayi like as a centre forward and does he suit a lone striker role? I didn’t watch the prem while Villa were down so don’t recall ever seeing him play! 

20 minutes ago, Awol said:

What’s Batshuayi like as a centre forward and does he suit a lone striker role? I didn’t watch the prem while Villa were down so don’t recall ever seeing him play! 

I haven't seen much of him, but from descriptions he has skill, strength and power, with the ability to link up the play, similar to Drogba. Has a decent goal scoring record as well. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Do people feel we need new keeper in?

We had 4 senior keeper but now 2 are out and the other 2 are Nyland and Kalinic.

Apparently Asmir Begovic is back from loan and looking for a loan to a PL club this time. Doubtful Bournemouth would loan to a relegation rival and he might not be amazing.

7 clean sheets in 17 total games for Qarabag this season.

Can't really see us having 5 senior keepers in our 25 man squad but sadly Heaton might be out for the season and if so unregistered I guess.

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish, Batshuayi, Bowen

Luiz, New big bastard

Targett, Guilbert

Hause Mings Konsa

Your wife promised me that she wouldnt divulge her nickname for me.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Do people feel we need new keeper in?

We had 4 senior keeper but now 2 are out and the other 2 are Nyland and Kalinic.

Apparently Asmir Begovic is back from loan and looking for a loan to a PL club this time. Doubtful Bournemouth would loan to a relegation rival and he might not be amazing.

7 clean sheets in 17 total games for Qarabag this season.

Can't really see us having 5 senior keepers in our 25 man squad but sadly Heaton might be out for the season and if so unregistered I guess.

You make a good point, every time Nyland has come in he looks much, much more composed and mature. Kalinic to be fair has never really had a chance here, if the coaching staff can improve Nyland like this, with Kalinics attributes there is also something there.

I don't think these two keepers are as garbage as some make out.

Knowing our luck they will both get injured in training the day after the window closes.

• Like 1