January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think what you’re saying is true but I don’t think Giroud is the answer, he’s a spent force for me

A current French international looking to secure a place in next years Euro's? Maybe spent as a top 6 striker, but for me he'd improve our forward line ten fold! Not saying he's the 'one'! but definitely someone of his ilk short term to keep us up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think what you’re saying is true but I don’t think Giroud is the answer, he’s a spent force for me

I think Giroud could do a job, but I agree he's not the answer. We need a proper leadership figure.

• Like 1

A few ideas (yes a couple of these are almost as optimistic as wanting Poch, but humour me...)

• Emre Can isn't making the team at Juventus and supposedly fancies a return to the Premier League
  • Arturo Vidal is 32 and can't get into Barcelona's team. Probably fancies a move back to Italy, but worth a punt?
  • Jeff Hendrick and Ashley Westwood both in final year of contract at Burnley, and we know from the Heaton situation that we can easily beat them on wages
  • Adam Lallana is definitely on the way out - Liverpool might be tempted to sell now. Not sure he's what we need, but a very good player.

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Is really Drinkwater such a bad player? 

We're currently fielding Lansbury and Hourihane. He must have collapsed physically not to be an improvement on that. 

It’s his mental state that concerns me more. 

Conviction for DD and can’t get anywhere near a start at Burnley - I’m not seeing any positives in this one. 

18 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

A current French international looking to secure a place in next years Euro's? Maybe spent as a top 6 striker, but for me he'd improve our forward line ten fold! Not saying he's the 'one'! but definitely someone of his ilk short term to keep us up.

100% worth a punt on loan until the end of the season. 

He’d do a job for us. 

19 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

You think he’d come here? And if he did, do you think he’d give 100%? I don’t think so on either count

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

A few ideas (yes a couple of these are almost as optimistic as wanting Poch, but humour me...

• Jeff Hendrick and Ashley Westwood both in final year of contract at Burnley, and we know from the Heaton situation that we can easily beat them on wages

Hendrick ia still living off his Euro 2016, he hasnt developed. 

As for Westwood go check his thread it had to be closed down, makes Wesley thread look happy

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think he’d come here? And if he did, do you think he’d give 100%? I don’t think so on either count

I think where ever he goes he will give 100%, but no I don't think he will come to us bigger clubs will come calling.

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Depends on how badly he wants to make the Euro’s with France. 

If that’s his aim, I’d take him on loan - the only other clubs I’ve seen him linked with have been abroad (Turkey/France) 

if he’s not fussed and just looking for a pay day, then don’t bother - but if he’s got the fire in his belly because he wants to make the French squad, then I don’t see the risk in a load deal tbh. 

Decent in the air, can hold the ball up and he gets a few goals - he’d be a big upgrade On what we have at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

A few ideas (yes a couple of these are almost as optimistic as wanting Poch, but humour me...)

• Emre Can isn't making the team at Juventus and supposedly fancies a return to the Premier League
  • Arturo Vidal is 32 and can't get into Barcelona's team. Probably fancies a move back to Italy, but worth a punt?
  • Adam Lallana is definitely on the way out - Liverpool might be tempted to sell now. Not sure he's what we need, but a very good player. 

WESTWOOD please tell me that's an early April fools 

• Thanks 1

Drinkwater’s head has gone and he will end up down the path same of McCormack ... He is a busted flush living of a good 18months -2 years how many seasons ago... He may come good but for me it’s too much of a risk we need to find the next Drinkwater without the baggage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hendrick ia still living off his Euro 2016, he hasnt developed. 

As for Westwood go check his thread it had to be closed down, makes Wesley thread look happy

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

WESTWOOD please tell me that's an early April fools 

I suppose all the bridges have been torched. But seriously, would you rather start Marvellous Nakamba or Ashley Westwood?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I suppose all the bridges have been torched. But seriously, would you rather start Marvellous Nakamba or Ashley Westwood?

Even just looking at it statistically Nakamba appears to be ahead of Westwood albeit only slightly