January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Realistically we need 2 strikers urgently 

I dunno, I think we need one new striker and a fit davis as backup.

We need to spend money on at least one inside forward also, probably cant spare the cash for two strikers.

I reckon we could get Bowen for £12m-£15m. They may have an option to extend his contract by 1 year, but he will be in a stronger position in the summer and his price will drop significantly.

If we can bring in some extra funds by shipping out Kodjia that would be a useful £20k to put towards any deal.

51 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

do we honestly think Bowen could cut it in the Prem?

Not implying he can or cant, just curious as to opinions?

He isnt particularly "skillful", just seems to have a knack for goals?

Not sure if i would prefer Benrahma, but....he doesnt seem the type of player to work hard?, we need our front 3 to put a shift in as well as do the skill stuff.

Yes, he will make it in the premier league IMO and just the type of player we need.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Short term deal for Shane Long 👀 

Unless we're going to be playing ourselves, I don't think this will work out. Does the word removed score against anyone else?

We need a new right back and a new left back. Not one of Elmo, Guillbert, Taylor or Targett is good enough. Targett is probably the best footballer of the 4, but just has absolutely no bottle for this relegation fight we’re in (the ‘injuries’ against Wolves and now Watford irk me). He isn’t good defensively anyway.

We also need a striker. Whether Wes is seriously injured or not, Kodjia is just not up to it and Davis is far too unproven (and to be honest has never looked like a natural finisher). 

If we don’t target these three positions with heavy investment, I think staying up will be a real struggle.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cizzler said:

We need a new right back and a new left back. Not one of Elmo, Guillbert, Taylor or Targett is good enough. Targett is probably the best footballer of the 4, but just has absolutely no bottle for this relegation fight we’re in (the ‘injuries’ against Wolves and now Watford irk me). He isn’t good defensively anyway.

We also need a striker. Whether Wes is seriously injured or not, Kodjia is just not up to it and Davis is far too unproven (and to be honest has never looked like a natural finisher). 

If we don’t target these three positions with heavy investment, I think staying up will be a real struggle.

If we play 5 at the back then we can get to the end of the season with what we have. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Go and get Tuanzebe, Hudson Odoi and Batshuayi on loan. Spend the money we have on Bowen and/or Benrahma on a perm.

Watched Hudson Odoi a number of times since the hype about him, he’s good don’t get me wrong but I haven’t seen anything to justify the hype.  What am I missing?

• Like 1

Wells is actually owned by Burnley, so very doubtful that they'd sell him to us, he'd only scored eight goals before today and is 29 so probably need better anyway. If Wesley is injured probably need two strikers, or we'll have to make our winger target someone who can play both on the wing or upfront Really could do without these injuries, needed four or five singings as it was.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Watched Hudson Odoi a number of times since the hype about him, he’s good don’t get me wrong but I haven’t seen anything to justify the hype.  What am I missing?

He plays for Chelsea. 

Just now, useless said:

Wells is actually owned by Burnley, so very doubtful that they'd sell him to us, he'd only scored eight goals before today and is 29 so probably need better anyway. If Wesley is injured probably need two strikers, or we'll have to make our winger target someone who can play both on the wing or upfront Really could do without these injuries, needed four or five singings as it was.

I didn’t look at his age, but assumed he was younger. At 29 I agree, he’s not done enough to be on our radar, ignore me!

1 minute ago, useless said:

I agree, these injuries are making our squad very thin atm and in very important positions.