Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Perfect defensive midfielder performance. Barely noticed him for the majority of the game which implies he didn't do a lot wrong.

He's a player that is limited in passing ability but is everywhere making tackles and interceptions without being too fancy. He looks to have improved a fair bit since the start of last season as well.

It's good to know we have the ability to change up the midfield to suit the opponent we are playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

I would think he should have replaced McGinn not Luiz, but anyway he did well, just gave us a bit of balance defensively.

Both McGinn and Luiz have been poor of late. I’m so pleased he has morphed into a player capable of outperforming those two. This version of Nakamba and Sanson should give McGinn and Luiz the kick up the arse they need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Good squad player, any talk of him going lloks premature, he has a role to play in the squad system next year.

Another player who looks better now the whole team is playing better.

This is important to remember as well because at our level you’re not going to be getting squad players better than Nakamba. We don’t have the luxury of benching the likes of Mahrez. Vital we hold onto the squad players who are good enough to worry the first team with strong performances and Nakamba is definitely one of those.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I like Nakamba.

He should stay in the team now and he was unlucky to lose his place after the Barcodes game. We certainly needed his energy against Burnley and Wet Spam.

Yep, agree with this! Unfairly left out last time after a good game imo

The right sort of game for him - not so much midfield pressure, so he's not going to get too flustered. Good to let him get some experience playing in a better team after last season, so we can be sure that when we do call on him he'll be up to snuff. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Both McGinn and Luiz have been poor of late. I’m so pleased he has morphed into a player capable of outperforming those two. This version of Nakamba and Sanson should give McGinn and Luiz the kick up the arse they need.

I think its more of the system we are playing but I would say they dont impose themselves on the match as much, and McGinn has been slightly off with his passing but he still delivers a very good pass from this deep lying positions to be fair.

Nakamba was decent again today, he is susceptible to being pressed on the ball, if they could train that out of him at bodymoor then he is definitely good enough to be the rotation option defensive midfielder for us.

• Like 1

I thought he was marvelous today, other than a ~5min spell late in the first half when he had a few stray passes and got the yellow. Was popping up everywhere (had the most tackles in the match with 6) and was filling in others positions when they got caught up the pitch. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Nakamba was decent again today, he is susceptible to being pressed on the ball, if they could train that out of him at bodymoor then he is definitely good enough to be the rotation option defensive midfielder for us.

If they could train him to become press-resistant then he would be up more than a good rotation option. He’d start most games. 

Just now, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Dare I say Nakamba’s passing and touch have improved a lot since last season. He’s never going to be as good as Dougie, but he’s as honest as they come.

I just think he has more options now players are coming to pick the ball off him and moving into space instead of standing idle

• Like 1

Â