Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

16 hours ago, Villa87 said:

I like Nakamba. I think given a proper run in this new look Villa side he would improve. 

He's not going to get a run in the side because he's not good enough. As a squad player to come in at times he seems to suit that role fine. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Villa87 said:

I like Nakamba. I think given a proper run in this new look Villa side he would improve. 

No he wouldn't, he's a good egg that has served a purpose if we are to progress as a team there is no place for players like him at Aston Villa.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's not going to get a run in the side because he's not good enough. As a squad player to come in at times he seems to suit that role fine. 

I guess this is true. It’s all ifs and buts but I do think he would get better with game time irrespective of his limitations. 

Still, he won’t be getting ahead of McGinn, Luiz, Barkley and hopefully Sanson so you certainly have a point about his suitability as a squad player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

Just listened to the claret and blue podcast, Nakamba completed 64 of his 65 passes Saturday night!! 
I would still start McGinn tonight, but Nakamba has proven himself to be an option.

We have to educate ourselves, in to, it being a squad.....The first 11 days, are gone.

With form dips, suspensions and injuries..... we have to think differently......The days of just the first 11 are a thing of the past, when we was so limited....We have to trust Dean, he see's much more than us.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 22:35, WooJung said:

I don't want to sound negative, he played well and deserves praise for it. 

Here comes the "but". 

I still get nervous when he receives the ball, he very often looks uncomfortable on it, it looks like his muscles tense up, and playing against sides who press high up the pitch (most sides in the league) he is number one candidate to give the ball away in a bad area. 

I don't think a good game suggests a trend and I suspect we might look to improve on him in the summer. I like the bloke and hope i'm wrong, but I haven't seen enough to be optimistic and feel that against better opposition his limitations on the ball would have shown much more. His tackling and defensive positioning are good though 

In such cases we do need good ball control, I agree.....I never get nervous when Jack is being pressed, such is his control of the football.

I just wished Mings, would accept his limitations with it......and move on to being the fine defender he is.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

In such cases we do need good ball control, I agree.....I never get nervous when Jack is being pressed, such is his control of the football.

I just wished Mings, would accept his limitations with it......and move on to being the fine defender he is.

To an extent I want our defenders to play the ball and keep possession, and Deano wants that too. Mings needs to get much better at reading situations and learning when to play it and when to hoof it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Smith did him dirty today. Shameful

Not sure how. McGinn is clearly the starter. Only lost his place through suspension. We needed to be more attacking against Burnley. I have a feeling he or Sanson come in for Southampton.

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Not sure how. McGinn is clearly the starter. Only lost his place through suspension. We needed to be more attacking against Burnley. I have a feeling he or Sanson come in for Southampton.

I'm actually of the opposite opinion. It's games like Burnley and Newcastle which suit him more. They are more passive in their style until the final third (in Newcastle's case until we reach the penalty area) where Nakamba will rarely be expected to affect the game. Against Southampton, I see him having a nightmare because they don't give you a second on the ball.

43 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think with Southampton may be a game for Nakamba with their aggressive pressing. Who he replaces though..

Being able to “get out” quickly is important against an aggressive press though Nakamba doesn’t move it quick enough and doesn’t like being pressed

17 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I think with Southampton may be a game for Nakamba with their aggressive pressing. Who he replaces though..

You've got to be joking - it's the absolute worst sort of game for him, surely? He's not comfortable being pressed whatsoever

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 11:50, zab6359 said:

No he wouldn't, he's a good egg that has served a purpose if we are to progress as a team there is no place for players like him at Aston Villa.

I agree with this, we do always have to be looking at the weak links and we have a fair few knocking around with which we could replace and buy much much better now.

The club has to be looking out for itself. let's face it it is a good job that many around here are not Owners of Villa, they would of kept many fan favs here till they were OAPs and had us kicking balls in the non leagues.

As a club Villa has to be always on the lookout for the next player or players who can propel us in an upward trajectory not downward.

I think Summer may see us sell, release players like Nakamba, Ghazi, Trezegeut, Davis and some others, Yes I can understand peoples love for them. As a Owner you have to separate feelings and be ruthless if need be, you cant keep everyone around forever and you certainly cant keep the players who are not bringing there A game as often as possible, not in this league anyway.

• Like 2

Â