Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, poitier said:

He was excellent for the first hour. It is incredible how much his defensive game has improved, still needs to improve the forward passing though.

the energy as well, 1st half of the season he didnt have that extra pace or stamina but he was nearly always the favourite to every 2nd ball tonight

When he won that ball in midfield near the end against 3 players, then pinged a ball through all of them to Jack on the left to set us on the counter...that was just masterful. It's incredible how good he's gotten since the restart. Gonna customize my shitty away shirt to have his name, as some memento that we had this amazing player at our club at one point.

Another strong performance from him. Was more box to box than just dm today. He’s got more to develop as well. Another Yr playing for us and he could get a very big move. But I think at the moment (luckily for us) that big move may be too much. Needs to be playing regularly for another year. Could see him playing for Madrid or Barca in the future 

I can see Everton coming for him in the summer, he would massively improve their midfield, be a regular, play for a very prestigious manager and possibly earn himself a big move. Much like gueye. 

His attitude since the return is exactly what I want to see from the Captain of a team. Orchestrating everything and taking ownership. Big boy pants only for Dougie. Anyone doesn't think this kid is a 30m plus player in this market at 21yrs with his international pedigree needs to get real. I'd hold anyone interested to ransom. Champions League Team written all over him. Another year and he'll be frightening now that man strength is coming on. I think many of us expected this of him based on reports tbh which is why it's so pleasing seeing him literally bossing it. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

His attitude since the return is exactly what I want to see from the Captain of a team. Orchestrating everything and taking ownership. Big boy pants only for Dougie. Anyone doesn't think this kid is a 30m plus player in this market at 21yrs with his international pedigree needs to get real. I'd hold anyone interested to ransom. Champions League Team written all over him. Another year and he'll be frightening now that man strength is coming on. I think many of us expected this of him based on reports tbh which is why it's so pleasing seeing him literally bossing it. 

Absolute baller. Would make him captain for Arsenal. Jack could do with a gentle shunt to geth hm firing again 

good passing ,vision and ability to carry the ball forward I expected when we signed him, but the tenacity and terrier like fight I thought  Nakamba was supposed to bring to the table its been a joy to watch him since restart such a complete player 

Honest question for everyone: do we think that he would have any chance of making Brazil's WC team next winter (either if he leaves or stays)? I think he might back himself to make it, so that could be a factor in him possibly leaving. 

But definitely looks like he is good mates with Wesley, so that might be a positive to swing for us. Also not sure who could all afford him (and if he would actually play for them) which is going to be another factor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Honest question for everyone: do we think that he would have any chance of making Brazil's WC team next winter (either if he leaves or stays)? I think he might back himself to make it, so that could be a factor in him possibly leaving. 

But definitely looks like he is good mates with Wesley, so that might be a positive to swing for us. Also not sure who could all afford him (and if he would actually play for them) which is going to be another factor. 

Probably not. Casemiro, Arthur and Fabinho are all way ahead of him. Maybe Fernandinho as well depending his legs 

Edited by Zatman

Take him out of the team since the restart and no one would be saying our defence had improved.He singled handily has been the difference in us looking slightly better in defence.He is also really the only player who seems to have come back from the break any better.

Will struggle to keep him as I think City will buy him back for the agreed fee and either loan him out or sell him on for a profit.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Take him out of the team since the restart and no one would be saying our defence had improved.He singled handily has been the difference in us looking slightly better in defence.He is also really the only player who seems to have come back from the break any better.

Will struggle to keep him as I think City will buy him back for the agreed fee and either loan him out or sell him on for a profit.

1) we don’t know what the buy back value is, it may not make sense to them depending on the value.

2) Doesn’t he still have to agree to go back ie agree wages etc and I’m not sure he would go if he’s going to be loaned out depending on that team to being loaned to.

16 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

If he stays in the premier League or another top European league then he can easily make the squad. He is better than casemeiro imo because he offers more going forward. Fabinho is probably better all round atm and Artur is maybe a better passer and better tactically and positionally. However Douglas is more dynamic and has good pace he is surprisingly quick. And he is getting stronger and stronger.

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

class act. If we go down we really need to just refuse to sell him, unless silly money is put on the table.

This is what i've wanted to hear!

Well aside from the go down bit of course.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â