Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah true its not like we got releg.......oh wait.

"Hi Idrissa, we got an offer for you to play with Micah Richards, Leandro Bacuna and Kieran Richardson in a team managed by Tim Sherwood"

"Cool, make sure they have a release clause any release clause"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If they wanted Jack, it would give us more leverage with Luiz imo.

Let them have Jack at an agreed fair price, say 50-55 mill (yes he might be worth more to us but this is what I think he'll go for)..... In return all proceeds from any future sale of Luiz are Aston Villa's. 

I think he will be at least a 50 million player himself before we need/want to sell him.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Arteta is definitely a fan having worked with him at City. He’s the Brazilian I always wanted to see at Villa. Been so good since lockdown, I love his attitude and you can tell he really loves it here. I really hope we get the job done Sunday, then start bringing in some proper talents; players so good that nobody wants to leave because things look too exciting.

Scenes when the bosses start knocking back £100m bids for the 🐐 aswell!

Purslow said we wont be a selling club. Lets see.

Luiz to Arsenal is just a lazy link because both he and Arteta were at City together. The story originated on a website called 90 Minutes in their articles they just speculate and then tweet clickbaity headlines in links to those articles, but people don't read the article and it's just the clickbait headline that gets repeated over and over again all over twitter. They did exactly the same thing when saying Man City wanted him back, but when you read the actual artilce it was just them guessing.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Luiz to Arsenal is just a lazy link because both he and Arteta were at City together. The story originated on a website called 90 Minutes in their articles they just speculate and then tweet clickbaity headlines in links to those articles, but people don't read the article and it's just the clickbait headline that gets repeated over and over again all over twitter. They did exactly the same thing when saying Man City wanted him back, but when you read the actual artilce it was just them guessing.

It all stems Tony Adams stating after the match that Douglas Luiz is the exact type of midfielder Arsenal need. Lo and behold a day or two later the press have turned it into a story that Arsenal are leading the race to sign him.

• Thanks 1

Think Villa will keep Luiz if they stay in the Premier League. Villa have now found the DM they have been craving for a while so are unlikely to sell and will build around him.

Edited by striker

If Man City want to buy any of our players they will do so. The buyback clause just means it’s more affordable for them so they don’t end up in the sort of embarrassing situation United found themselves in with Pogba. So if you see it as a loan you almost might as well see any of our players as on loan, as a CL club could almost always take them from us in return for a certain sum of money. That’s not defeatist - every club is a selling club to some extent. City couldn’t keep Sane, Madrid couldn’t keep Ronaldo, etc. 

• Like 1

I don't think City take him this summer. Where would he play ? Positionally he's identical to Rodri and he's not gonna be budged for a while. He's class. If we stay up and have any ambition we need to build a team around him.

Edited by Johnnyp

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't think City take him this summer. Where would he play ? Positionally he's identical to Rodri and he's not gonna be budged for a while. He's class. If we stay up and have any ambition we need to build a team around him.

I’m inclined to agree. Also would city really take him to play in their first team when he’s only played a couple of months of decent football. They might want to see how he does over another full season before they decide. They could sign him as a squad player but he might prefer the Villa first team over the city bench. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

I just watched the  behind the scenes video VillaTv put out.

At the very end of the video after the match Arteta is walking towards Luiz. Wonder what they were chatting about.

I dont think theres any way City don't just buy him back tbh, its a rumoured 25m clause and by all accounts they didn't want to and probably wouldn't have sold him to us had he got a permit with them. For his development though i genuinely hope they leave it another year because the rate hes improving it would be horrible to see him just warm their bench for the year.

2 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

I dont think theres any way City don't just buy him back tbh, its a rumoured 25m clause and by all accounts they didn't want to and probably wouldn't have sold him to us had he got a permit with them. For his development though i genuinely hope they leave it another year because the rate hes improving it would be horrible to see him just warm their bench for the year.

It would be in their interest for him to get another full season under his belt in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Think it’s a 2 year option though so if we stay up they could let him develop further and get another Prem season under is belt before triggering the clause.

Â