Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 22/07/2020 at 12:09, villalad21 said:

Are City really gonna take Luiz and Jack from us?

Would be absolutely disgraceful 

Why would that be disgraceful?

And I've been saying all season they'll take Jack, but I don't think they'll take Luiz back.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

And I've been saying all season they'll take Jack, but I don't think they'll take Luiz back.

That would be like when we lost Benteke and Delph.

Remove those and we have major gaps to fill.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There's no way he's not going back to city if they trigger the clause. Come on now. 

This is Premier League football we’re talking about, anything is possible when £££s are put in front of you. I agree that it’s a small chance he wouldn’t take the opportunity to go back to a champions league club, but you just don’t know what’s happening in the background. It’s not even a up for discussion if we end up in the championship!

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Well if the rumours are true and arsenal are to try grab Luiz for either of the two reported figures I'm seeing in the news of 15.5 or 30 mill then its make sense that we challenge that offer with a higher one right??

Need to make securing Luiz priority.

Well let’s say this is true.

No way the buy back clause is the same as the purchase amount, it doesn’t work that way it will be higher.  

Let’s assume, as Birmingham Mail guessed, that it could be 25m.....a reasonable assumption.

Are Villa going to let that difference stop them? No, they’ll pay the difference to knock out the clause.  Doesn’t need player permission as it’s a club to club thing.

Would Man City really do the buy back for only 5m profit (30-25) and sell to a potential rival or would they want to leave him at a club like Villa and watch if he continues to grow so they can nab him next season for a pre-agreed price that’s currently in the contract.

Edited by nick76

Just now, villalad21 said:

We'd have major gaps to fill but I'm not sure why that makes it a disgrace

57 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Arguably, five years later and we are still waiting to replace Benteke.

Edited by alreadyexists

58 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

When we lost Benteke and Delph it was at a time when we had an owner who had long given up on the club and was happy to get whatever money for our assets that he could at the time and had no intention of reinvesting the same money in replacing them.

This time around, we have two Co owners who are not long in the door and are still awaiting at the bar with the cash held aloft awaiting to be served on the next round.

If two of our star players happen to depart then we won't be short changed and we have owners who imo, will be more than happy to reinvest the cash.

- That's if these 'said players' were to depart. I am not worried about any lack of reinvestment it would take in replacing them if it did materialise.

Remember, The name on our badge will always be bigger than the name on the back!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If they wanted Jack, it would give us more leverage with Luiz imo.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

We'd be daft to sell him to anyone. The city thing is out of our hands though

That's why he's never felt like our own player to me.

Feels like another Gueye situation to me. Think he is using us as a stepping stone.

8 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Didn’t we loose money on Gueye though? 

yes

gueye is worse than DL obviously but you have to kind of accept that if we don't put these clauses in then these players don't sign for us

im sure when man city floated the idea of the buy back clause suso and purslow didn't respond with "yeah that's great mate anything you want" id expect it resulted in a few million coming off the transfer fee for a start, it is what it is

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Didn’t we loose money on Gueye though? 

Think we petty much got back what we paid, because we put a stupid relegation release clause in his contract.

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Think we petty much got back what we paid, because we put a stupid relegation release clause in his contract.

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY

Technically true, my point was more that we were stupid enough to agree to it.

22 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

If he does leave after one season do you think we will retire his shirt number? 

too old, we should defo retire Barry's shirt number if he leaves though....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Well if the rumours are true and arsenal are to try grab Luiz for either of the two reported figures I'm seeing in the news of 15.5 or 30 mill then its make sense that we challenge that offer with a higher one right??

Need to make securing Luiz priority.

Listening to Guardiola during the week, City won't be doing any business with Arsenal 

• Like 1

Â