Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I just can’t see it. He’d be an idiot to stay here. 

He might not have a choice. Will only get a work permit if a club pays huge money and gives him a big deal

In Europe only the major clubs could afford him and probably dont need him

• Like 1

Whilst he's undoubtedly been our best player since the restart, and I've got no doubt he'll be a tremendous player in the future, he's been ok at best for much of the season and I just don't see anyone paying a really big fee for him. 

I wonder if it's a coincidence his form has improved with the end of the season arriving and a possible transfer being on the cards. With the 5 sub rule coming in there is a chance he could get a move at £25m but doubt he would make an impact at cities level . 

If someone would have offered us £25m before the lock down I would have bitten their hand off, not sure if I wouldn't now tbh How motivated he will be in the championship is debatable and a return to pre lock down form would most likely be on the cards  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tinker said:

I wonder if it's a coincidence his form has improved with the end of the season arriving and a possible transfer being on the cards. With the 5 sub rule coming in there is a chance he could get a move at £25m but doubt he would make an impact at cities level . 

If someone would have offered us £25m before the lock down I would have bitten their hand off, not sure if I wouldn't now tbh How motivated he will be in the championship is debatable and a return to pre lock down form would most likely be on the cards  

I would imagine his form has improved for a couple of reasons.

One being he's starting to get used to the prem, and the restart tempo of the games is probably a little lower making it slightly easier.

Lastly he apparently put a lot of effort in to learning English in the covid break and can now understand his teammates on the pitch, this alone is probably a huge thing, it can't be underestimated how important it is to be able to understand and talk with your team mates in a game.

• Like 2

I see lists of players that fans say will definitely leave us but it doesn’t work like that especially as we have rich owners.  Players have contracts and their prices aren’t going to drop materially especially less than what we paid for those players.  Yes if somebody forks out the money then the player will likely leave.

Given how poor we’ve been, very few players have earned their fee and thus other teams paying what we have paid for them seems a stretch.  As somebody said, Luiz was bang average at best before lockdown but has been great since restart, but not sure that would be enough for somebody to fork out good money for just yet.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PieFacE said:

If we did sell him, I suspect we would be asking for big money unless City decide to buy him back.

Problem is if there is a club that wants to buy him for big money then all city will do is activate the clause and then sell him on themselves. Realistically the maximum we will get is whatever the release clause is for him.

9 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Problem is if there is a club that wants to buy him for big money then all city will do is activate the clause and then sell him on themselves. Realistically the maximum we will get is whatever the release clause is for him.

We still don’t know the buy back value clause.  I would assume it’s greater than what we purchased but to what level.  Also whether it is tiered as the years go by.

Edited by nick76

39 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Can’t see anyone paying over £20m for him yet. Still has a lot of learning to do 

Yeah agreed. I can also only see us selling him if a stupid offer came in for him which I don't think is likely. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We need good players. Selling off the few good players we got makes no sense. 

On the basis we survive I don't think we would sell off any if our good players "Intentionally".

However, money talks and if the right figure comes in for 'xx' player then I cannot see the board getting in the way.

If we don't survive then I don't think we will have much choice. Don't get me wrong. I don't think they will be easy pickings.

Apparantly the board have set the tone in saying it's £80m for Jack regardless what league we're in next season. If this to be the case then I doubt we will see players like McGinn, Mings, Targett, Luiz go for peanuts IF they were to also depart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I see lists of players that fans say will definitely leave us but it doesn’t work like that especially as we have rich owners.  Players have contracts and their prices aren’t going to drop materially especially less than what we paid for those players.  Yes if somebody forks out the money then the player will likely leave.

Agree with this part of your post Nick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

That isn't how things work. It would only work if Luiz agreed to go to man City then the other team. He would get more money joining them straight from us. But again that is unlikely because we don't have to sell him unless city tries to buy him. 

4 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Not a chance you’ll see Luiz in the championship. Forget about that now would be my advice, save yourself getting disappointed 

I agree, but then I don’t see anyone paying a big fee for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if we loaned him to another side for a year

Â