Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I agree, but then I don’t see anyone paying a big fee for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if we loaned him to another side for a year

Why would we loan him? That doesn’t make sense does it.  Loan out your best players, is that a thing?

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Why would we loan him? That doesn’t make sense does it.  Loan out your best players, is that a thing?

It depends on his attitude, if he’s unwilling to play in the championship, and no one is willing to pay what we want, it’s either loan out or let him rot in the reserves.

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Wasn’t Amavi loaned out before moving permanently? 

If I remember correctly he’d already spent a year with us in the Championship and then Marseille wanted a loan to permanent deal.  So you’re right.

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It depends on his attitude, if he’s unwilling to play in the championship, and no one is willing to pay what we want, it’s either loan out or let him rot in the reserves.

Fair enough, the attitude thing would be a problem.  Hope that’s not the case given he’s young and hasn’t proved himself and needs games under his belt. It’d be a shame if he did that, hope he’s doesn’t.

• Like 1

Reports pep wants luiz back. If they want hkm back nothjng we can do. This is the risk we took. If luiz is to resign with them we should try get him on loan/or be gjven 1st option for future purchase 

Edit: Beaten to it ... Was the buy back clause ever officially confirmed other than it lasts for 2 seasons ? I’d expect it to be around £25 million mark ...

Edited by thabucks

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Reports pep wants luiz back. If they want hkm back nothjng we can do. This is the risk we took. If luiz is to resign with them we should try get him on loan/or be gjven 1st option for future purchase 

Good for Pep. He wont get a work permit again but good for him

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Edit: Beaten to it ... Was the buy back clause ever officially confirmed other than it lasts for 2 seasons ? I’d expect it to be around £25 million mark ...

In b4 man City announce signing of Douglas Luiz for 1m and Scott Carson in part x.

Dean Smith quoted to say "Scottie is only 34, he fits perfectly in to our buy young philosophy, I'm sure he can develop in to a great goalkeeper and challenge Nyland for the no1 spot, Scottie might even be an England International before he is 40"

Nyland was asked for a quote but he instead wanted to take the opportunity to shoot a short video to showcase his skills, and prove he should still be Villa's no1:

Cat Fumbling GIF by Originals

Nyland, the no1 of my heart(attack) 💪

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Good for Pep. He wont get a work permit again but good for him

I’ve not seen the reports to city, but if true, you’d think they’d have done their research. After all he’s been in the Brazil squad 100% of the time since Nov 

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve not seen the reports to city, but if true, you’d think they’d have done their research. After all he’s been in the Brazil squad 100% of the time since Nov 

The last time they were rejected as well for a work permit. It has to be a substantial transfer fee for the club not just in general. We paid 22 million for Wesley as it guaranteed a work permit as was our record transfer. Luiz was probably our 3rd record transfer

City transfer record is 80 million I think and Luiz has about 10 minutes of international playing time

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That doesn’t make sense, he wouldn’t get a visa with city

The story of Guardiola wanting Luiz back is bascially just a sentence from a larger article, there aren't any quotes, it's just speculation...

Further up the pitch, City will also look for signings. Guardiola is pretty content with his midfield, where record signing Rodri has grown into his role. Kevin De Bruyne remains the star of the side, and the CAS announcement ensures he will not be leaving any time soon.

They have been scouting Marten De Roon of Atalanta but may also look into signing Douglas Luiz back from Aston Villa. Reports on him this season have been positive, and Guardiola is believed to be open to the idea of a return.

Bleacher Report

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Makes sense. What is 25m to Man City?

That's like us dropping 3m on Hause on the basis of "might aswell" 

Half their record transfer fee. City spend a lot of money but not on individual players. 

Â