Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Why is it different for city to us?

Generally wondering

has been mentioned a multiple amount of times already. They need to pay big money to get a work permit

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Reports pep wants luiz back. If they want hkm back nothjng we can do. This is the risk we took. If luiz is to resign with them we should try get him on loan/or be gjven 1st option for future purchase 

My understanding is that Man city must meet our valuation.....not necessarily the 15 mill we paid.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’m sure Citeh did due diligence and set his buy back fee at a level where visa is no issue...

Which would have to be huge for them to qualify for a visa for him this close season re my above post link.  

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wesley will be here next season and I'd like to think Luiz will be too, presumably they are friends and I wonder if that could be a factor for him staying at least one season?

Let's buy a couple of cheap Brazilians, it doesn't matter if they're crap as long as they're cheap. Make Luiz feel at home and happy. And they can hardly be worse than Nakamba 😂

I think Luiz should stay at Villa if we survive. I dont think City should come in for him, he is doing very good at the moment here and a move back to city could unsettle that. I think the only way we could keep him if city do come in, is if we make a case to city that we need him and that hes settled at Villa. One other idea maybe say to city well would you agree to letting Luiz choose and hope that he says us.  Hopefully city sign someone else because they can attract any major star, so why even come back for him. City will want the next big CDM out there causing a big stir on the field in a major way and Luiz does not fit that at the moment, he's doing great since restart yeah but it's not on the level of world class players. If Luiz helps us to sit high up in the premier and scores and assists an amount a CDM would, then yes it certainly may attract City to try buy Luiz back. Also think City won't want him at the moment because we're fighting relegation and while he's looked bright since restart, there is still plenty Luiz can improve on.

I think the media are just spinning crap again bringing this up, just like they have been doing it to us over grealish going to UTD or Trezegeut leaving for Galatasaray. Let's face it until it happens there's actually not any truth to it because sources are not like they used to be as, reporters don't really go investigating like they used to do.

Only way I'll believe these rumours is if it actually happens, until then it's just the media speculating and spinning stories to get the fans riled up and buying into it all.

I think if we survive or fall, Luiz may still be with us next season. City may choose to wait on him a little longer as well, if Luiz can light the championship on fire then come back to the premier and set that alight also, then in there eyes he'd most certainly be worth forking out double or even triple what we paid for him. Remember City will want consistency from Luiz and yes he seems to be giving that at the moment but it could fair that consistency could, city demand it every game and Luiz was not like that for most the season.

Man City might want him back, but Douglas has a say in this too. If he rejects the move, which isn’t entirely unrealistic, then he doesn’t go. Is he going to risk going to City to most likely sit on the bench, just as he has become a fixture in our team? 

If City wanted him back even just as a squad memeber I don't think he'd have any hesitation to go back. But I think people get carried away with a few good performances, if Man City spend big on a player it's because that player has been consistently one of the best performers in the league in their position, Luiz has been nowhere near one of the best midfielders in the division, now more than ever that they're trying to close the gap on Liverpool, they aren't going to be signing players who've had mixed seasons for clubs fighting relegation.

If it wasn't for the fact that we signed him from Man City and they have a buyback clause no one would be even entertaining the idea of Man City wanting to sign him, see the fact that no one is specualting about any of the other top teams wanting to sign him.

Also pointless Man City buying him back to make a profit, because they wouldn't make much of a profit at the moment if any at all, as no one would pay much more than the £25m or whatever it is that it would take to buy him back.

If we go down and decides he wants to leave then I'm sure he'll have no problem finding a club, but I highly doubt it will be Man City

Citeh might want to buy him back at the agreed fee, if we go down to prevent him playing in the EFL and to protect his future sale value. He might be reluctant to play in the EFL, as that would be likely to impact on him playing for Brazil again next season. I hope that he stays. Staying up would make that much more likely.  

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still don’t think we’ll sell him. As I said doesn’t seem the kind of lad that will want to jump ship if we go down and can’t see a premier league club paying big money for him either. He’ll be with us next season. 

The closest recent example I can think of is Kalvin Phillips, Leeds refused to sell, and it would appear the decision has paid off.

Keeping your best players is not impossible if you have the ambition and finances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The closest recent example I can think of is Kalvin Phillips, Leeds refused to sell, and it would appear the decision has paid off.

Keeping your best players is not impossible if you have the ambition and finances.

Sometimes it’s not that simple, Phillips had never played in the prem, and is at his home town club. 
Taking someone out of the premier league down to the championship can be challenging. Then throw in the effect of not being from the town or having any ties to it, and it gets more complicated. It’s not impossible, but it’s a harder tsk to convince players.

• Like 3

I would make him captain. He is our most natural leader and he is now becoming a key player. I also think he would rise to the challenge. I love Jack but he is a bang average captain. Luis could fill the role for years if we make the progress that the board are aiming for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Sometimes it’s not that simple, Phillips had never played in the prem, and is at his home town club. 
Taking someone out of the premier league down to the championship can be challenging. Then throw in the effect of not being from the town or having any ties to it, and it gets more complicated. It’s not impossible, but it’s a harder tsk to convince players.

Less than 4 weeks the guy barely got in our team and now we are trying to convince him to stay.  Don’t get me wrong I think he’s been outstanding since restart but I’m guessing the world hasn’t suddenly noticed apart from a player that has been bang average all season suddenly has a few good games in a relegation fighting team.  He has a lot of proving to do to the outside world.

Clubs will see his performances and see that he has taken responsibility and come to the forefront since the restart. Pep will be thinking I can make him consistent within a season and I don't doubt that Luiz will improve greatly under Pep.

Man City's highest transfer fee isn't that high compared to other clubs. However to get a work permit they would have to pay around 30million plus depending on the work permit rules.

Â