Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The closest recent example I can think of is Kalvin Phillips, Leeds refused to sell, and it would appear the decision has paid off.

Keeping your best players is not impossible if you have the ambition and finances.

I’d say Benrahma is a good example too. Class act that is going to have a massive future.  Brentford valuation didn’t get met so he didn’t go anywhere. Now they are looking very likely to be promoted and he has played a massive part in that. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Clubs will see his performances and see that he has taken responsibility and come to the forefront since the restart. Pep will be thinking I can make him consistent within a season and I don't doubt that Luiz will improve greatly under Pep.

Man City's highest transfer fee isn't that high compared to other clubs. However to get a work permit they would have to pay around 30million plus depending on the work permit rules.

They’ve got other more important areas to fill such as a new striker and a new centre half. I don’t think they will spend 30 million on Luiz just yet.

We were the only club linked with Benrahma last summer and that was probably just because Smith was our manager, if there had been a lot of interest in him he wouldn't be there now, also helps that he was injured as well and wasn't even match fit at the start of the season. I'm not so sure he'll be the big hit in the premier league that everyone thinks, there's a long history of wingers that have looked like world beaters in the championship but haven't been anywhere near as useful in the league above, he'll probably be decent, but I wouldn't expect miracles.

• Like 2

Who is to say that if Luiz were to leave us this summer (avoiding the if we survive debate) it would be back to Man City?

They may have a buy back clause, They may have 1st refusal on him, but who's to say another club don't come in for him that can also offer him guaranteed playing time thus also avoiding the work permit issue.

It might not be Man City we only have to worry about.

49 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Clubs will see his performances and see that he has taken responsibility and come to the forefront since the restart. Pep will be thinking I can make him consistent within a season and I don't doubt that Luiz will improve greatly under Pep.

Man City's highest transfer fee isn't that high compared to other clubs. However to get a work permit they would have to pay around 30million plus depending on the work permit rules.

I think you’re undercooking 30m a lot to even fit in the visa rules and if Man City want to pay bigger than that after Only really his performances since restart the let’s take advantage.  

If somebody said we’d get 35-40m for Luiz at lockdown this website would be laughing. I mean some on here are saying we’d only get 50m for Jack so that figure for Luiz is a bonus.

6F37B645-38F6-4FCD-B429-1617D8B53417.jpeg

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Who is to say that if Luiz were to leave us this summer (avoiding the if we survive debate) it would be back to Man City?

They may have a buy back clause, They may have 1st refusal on him, but who's to say another club don't come in for him that can also offer him guaranteed playing time thus also avoiding the work permit issue.

It is the buy back clause, that would make that his most likely destination, for me. I don't think that we would want to sell him, so he would need to tell the club he wanted a move and another club would then have to match our price (no matter how high, that might be) to make it happen. I think that we should play it the Brentford way, if it's not Citeh.  

Edited by John
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think you’re undercooking 30m a lot to even fit in the visa rules and if Man City want to pay bigger than that after Only really his performances since restart the let’s take advantage.  

If somebody said we’d get 35-40m for Luiz at lockdown this website would be laughing. I mean some on here are saying we’d only get 50m for Jack so that figure for Luiz is a bonus.

6F37B645-38F6-4FCD-B429-1617D8B53417.jpeg

Hence why I said 30m plus depending on the work permit rules lol. I don't know how high up the list his fee would have to be. 

2 hours ago, useless said:

We were the only club linked with Benrahma last summer and that was probably just because Smith was our manager, if there had been a lot of interest in him he wouldn't be there now, also helps that he was injured as well and wasn't even match fit at the start of the season. I'm not so sure he'll be the big hit in the premier league that everyone thinks, there's a long history of wingers that have looked like world beaters in the championship but haven't been anywhere near as useful in the league above, he'll probably be decent, but I wouldn't expect miracles.

I disagree. Expect him to eventually be at a top 4 club. 

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I like Luiz. Think he is a good player with bags of potential. But how many teams would honestly pay 20m plus for him ? Would he improve any of the current premier league teams that much?

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Hence why I said 30m plus depending on the work permit rules lol. I don't know how high up the list his fee would have to be. 

Given the prices on the list and the rules it would be over 50m easy

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like Luiz. Think he is a good player with bags of potential. But how many teams would honestly pay 20m plus for him ? Would he improve any of the current premier league teams that much?

I mean, we paid like, only 5m less for him and that's before he had a season of PL football under his belt. I think we can get 20m plus for him. 

17 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, we paid like, only 5m less for him and that's before he had a season of PL football under his belt. I think we can get 20m plus for him. 

We did and we also had no midfield.  I can’t see any current premier league team paying that for him this summer. Maybe a European team will attempt a loan with a clause to buy?

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We did and we also had no midfield.  I can’t see any current premier league team paying that for him this summer. Maybe a European team will attempt a loan with a clause to buy?

This would be my worry also. I'd be more concerned about a team from abroad coming in rather than a PL team. There are probably plenty of teams in Spain that would take him, plus the language and style of play would suit him more, plus...yano... Spanish weather 🥵 vs Birmingham weather. 🥶

I honestly hope he doesn't go anywhere as I think he would be amazing in the championship, but i figure he has lofty ambitions and won't want to spend a season in the championship having played both La Liga and PL now.

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

the same team I would’ve picked. Who is Kesler Hayden on the bench? 

Dunno? I can only assume they mean Kaine Kesler? 🤔

Â