Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Was our best player I thought. Looks more switched on now, and has a better understanding of his teammates.

Yeah I agree with that.  He's realised they're.......

He did ok yesterday but I'm far from convinced and still don't feel he is what we need right now. 
If we had just one decent winger, we could move Grealish back into the middle and be far more effective through the middle of the pitch. But we dont, and Grealish is sacrificed. 

A bit off topic but our wingers have let us down dreadfully this season. They're barely championship quality. 

• Like 1

We've conceded a lot of  goals with him in the team, but something I've noticed is that of the five occasions we've kept a clean-sheet this season Luiz has played in four of those as the DM.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He did ok yesterday but I'm far from convinced and still don't feel he is what we need right now. 
If we had just one decent winger, we could move Grealish back into the middle and be far more effective through the middle of the pitch. But we dont, and Grealish is sacrificed. 

A bit off topic but our wingers have let us down dreadfully this season. They're barely championship quality. 

Agree with this especially the last part.

48 minutes ago, useless said:

We've conceded a lot of  goals with him in the team, but something I've noticed is that of the five occasions we've kept a clean-sheet this season Luiz has played in four of those as the DM.

Interesting and surprising.

I think if you put him in a team like Wolves he'd look like a very good player and we'd be asking ourselves why can't we find players like, if we had better midfielders to play alongside him he'd look a lot better. And by the same token if you were to take Neves from the Wolves team and put him in our side he probably wouldn't anywhere near as good.

• Like 1

Like many of you, I thought that he had a decent game last night. I was a little frustrated with his reluctance to play the longer pass sometimes though. On a few occasions he could have picked a better pass to open the play but chose to play it safe and short. It’s a minor criticism but we know he is capable of a good passing range, it would be nice to see that creative side come out. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

it would be nice to see that creative side come out. 

It would certainly help the front 3 out a huge amount. 

• Like 1

Been really good since the lockdown, fair play to him.

If he ends the season strongly he might be another we'll find tough to hang onto as think a few teams would take a punt on him in 15-20m range as we did as his potential is huge.

Â