Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

He seems a lot fitter than most of the other players I've seen.  The tempo of games has been a lot slower and he is under less pressure when on the ball.  I think Jota will be a lot better in the current situation too so hope he gets a game or two.  Anyway Luiz is going to be very good, it's just hard to work out where he can go as he must surely have the same work permit issues if he were to leave to another PL team and will there be many European clubs with enough money to buy him off us for more than we paid?  I'm really hoping he stays.

• Like 3

Could see clubs like Valencia, Sevilla, Lazio or Lyon or that level clubs come in for him we are relegated. And then ship him in a year or 2 for double what they paid for him.

• Like 2

The bloke has woken up it seems,  he's getting the praise he deserves.

I hope Luiz keeps improving because he seems to be adding each game. As Grealish has not been to impressive yet it's great Luiz is picking up slack. Luiz must of been training hard during lockdown because he seem everywhere on that pitch, the kind of fit player we need..

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The bloke has woken up it seems,  he's getting the praise he deserves.

I hope Luiz keeps improving because he seems to be adding each game. As Grealish has not been to impressive yet it's great Luiz is picking up slack. Luiz must of been training hard during lockdown because he seem everywhere on that pitch, the kind of fit player we need..

Playing for a move I reckon!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I love this guy. Fighter ❤

His legs look wicked, not a gram of fat on them, i don't ever look at the legs of a guy, but I must say Douglas you have a fine pair.

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He seems a lot fitter than most of the other players I've seen.  The tempo of games has been a lot slower and he is under less pressure when on the ball.  I think Jota will be a lot better in the current situation too so hope he gets a game or two.  Anyway Luiz is going to be very good, it's just hard to work out where he can go as he must surely have the same work permit issues if he were to leave to another PL team and will there be many European clubs with enough money to buy him off us for more than we paid?  I'm really hoping he stays.

We’ve solved the work permit issues that ManCity had by playing him in lots of games, and his standing in the game is currently rising fast due to his displays since the restart. So a work permit will not be an issue for any purchasing club now. The only Premier League club I see him going to is ManCity, they have the buy-back option and there’s no way they’ll let him go anywhere else. We don’t know the details of the buy-back option but we can probably guess it’ll be favourable to City, I can’t imagine we’d get much more than our money back. 

I think a lot has to do with his English improving. Apparently he spent a lot of time during the break learning and improving his English so that is likely to have helped.

He’s getting very good, my fave player after Jack as @Keyblade said above.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

When Grealish goes, is it possible that Dougie could be moved further forward into that kind of position and Marvellous be brought back in as DM? Especially if we are in the Championship. 

Possible but come on, let's leave him in his natural position!

45 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

We’ve solved the work permit issues that ManCity had by playing him in lots of games, and his standing in the game is currently rising fast due to his displays since the restart. So a work permit will not be an issue for any purchasing club now. The only Premier League club I see him going to is ManCity, they have the buy-back option and there’s no way they’ll let him go anywhere else. We don’t know the details of the buy-back option but we can probably guess it’ll be favourable to City, I can’t imagine we’d get much more than our money back. 

He have to agree to join them again which wouldn't make sense if they just sold him straight afterwards. 

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

When Grealish goes, is it possible that Dougie could be moved further forward into that kind of position and Marvellous be brought back in as DM? Especially if we are in the Championship. 

I highly doubt Luiz would be with us in the championship.

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Pre lockdown I didn't see anyone buying him, now I'm not so sure, the potential is there to see

I yeah I think he has a lot of potential, and would look even better in a team that plays to this strengths.

If we got relegated I would love him with us next season, I just don't see him staying if we do get relegated.

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He have to agree to join them again which wouldn't make sense if they just sold him straight afterwards. 

Lol, I don’t imagine there’s many players that wouldn’t want to join ManCity, especially when currently at a relegation placed team. Pep didn’t want him to leave, hence the buy-back option. 

3 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I'm not so sure, it seems to me that he would still rely on being one of the buying club's most expensive signings and highest wages as he has still not played in the Champions League or for Brazil.  I may be wrong.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

Â