Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

A season in the championship could be good for him similar to how it helped Neves at Wolves who before joining them couldn't even get in the Porto team which was managed by Nuno. Sometimes the physical side of the game and the playing more matches can help players. I think there's a chance we could hang on to him, have a good season down there and he will be more valuable then than he is now, if you wanted to buy Mitrovic now you'd have to pay more for him after a season in the championship than you would have done this time last season.

Edited by useless

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He doesn't care about us. He'd jump ship immediately. He has something to play for now since we can actually be relegated and he wants to stay in the premier league.

Why did he come to us in the first place then?

Someone from abroad would probably take him, he's already played in Spain (got relegated there aswell). Would probably be a good addition for a Spanish team looking to break into europe. Maybe Bundesliga aswell as plenty of young Brazil players play in that league.

Seen that Anguissa Zambo being mentioned who made little impact at Fulham, went to Villareal and now apparently he's amazing and we should sign him. He's only on loan there and I can't see much point in us loaning him out for a season even if he refuses to play like Adama did when we last went down.

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why did he come to us in the first place then?

A chance to play in the premier league... He couldn't get a work permit and with us offering such a huge sum for him, he could finally get one. He has also spoken he sees us as a stepping stone, and during the covid break, I think I remember reading he would want to stay in the premier league if we went down. 

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

A chance to play in the premier league... He couldn't get a work permit and with us offering such a huge sum for him, he could finally get one. He has also spoken he sees us as a stepping stone, and during the covid break, I think I remember reading he would want to stay in the premier league if we went down. 

He has been quoted as saying were a "stepping stone" possibly back to a city article . I think he will be off in the summer 

We can't just let players leave if we are relegated. Jack is gone, the rest, well I wouldn't just be letting them go to be nice. 

We need to come back up and a lot of these players owe us. Unless their are relegation release clauses we should be forcing the vast majority to stay. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure whether he can get a work permit for many other PL teams if he left us, surely he would have to reapply for one and face the same obstacles.

PL isn't the only league in the world you know..

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

We can't just let players leave if we are relegated. Jack is gone, the rest, well I wouldn't just be letting them go to be nice. 

We need to come back up and a lot of these players owe us. Unless their are relegation release clauses we should be forcing the vast majority to stay. 

I don't think many of the players are good enough or more importantly have the heart for the fight required in the championship. We need to build a team thats mentally strong enough to give everything they have rather than 70% when their in the mood.

We have to prepare for relegation now so we hit the ground running next season. We cant afford to stagger into the championship with this bunch of losers minus one of the best players i have seen in a villa shirt .

Edited by tinker

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

We paid a reported £15m for him, that is nothing in today’s market, I thought he was excellent last match against Chelsea. He will get better over time too, he is only 22 years old, he will improve, hopefully with us

I basically don’t see him as a villa player. We all know he’s here just to get a work permit and hopefully break into the city team. And I haven’t seen anything to suggest he will do that.

It doesn’t bother me as we knew the deal when we brought him in. I wouldn’t say he hasn’t really tried as I think he has, I just don’t think he’s very good. He’s got the same level of quality as every other player we signed in the summer (I.e. not much)

Thinking about it he actually fits the RB Leipzig model to a t. They've taken lots of young british players on loan recently (Ampadu, Lookman, Smith-rowe) and Man. City also gave them Angelinho for six months and he improved so much Man. City will probably take him back.

They signed Lookman for 22.5m so money won't be an issue, more so after chasing in on Werner.

I'd still like to keep Luiz but if we stayed up I'd probably cash in if they offered Forsberg or Poulsen in a swop deal.

Can see Man. City giving them the heads up "hey we've parked a player at this idiotic English club that's stupidly got itself relegated. Why don't you sign him for about 25m, helped him win a few senior Brazil caps and we'll give you 40m in a few years." Done deal.

Edited by VillaChris

Â