Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

He’s been the one player who has come out of the last two games with any credit. Fair play to him because I’m not his biggest fan.

He was a poor signing, no question. He isn’t what we needed, despite his ‘potential’. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Can't see him playing in the championship next season tbh

City have a 2 year buy back option on him,  when we go down how will that work with regard to selling him to another club if City aren't ready to take him back ? would we have to buy out the buy back clause , or convince another team to take it on ?

Rumour is £25m is the buy back value   ... if other clubs only bid £10 - £15m for him presumably , we don't sell and loan him out for a year ?

Edited by tonyh29

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

City have a 2 year buy back option on him,  when we go down how will that work with regard to selling him to another club if City aren't ready to take him back ? would we have to buy out the buy back clause , or convince another team to take it on ?

Rumour is £25m is the buy back value   ... if other clubs only bid £10 - £15m for him presumably , we don't sell and loan him out for a year ?

If not City i can see Luiz going straight into a side like Everton.

Everton already have Delph, Sigurdsson, Schnederlin, Gomes, Gbamin and Davies in midfield, all those are arguably better than Luiz, Davies maybe not, but he's more of a consistent performer.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been the one player who has come out of the last two games with any credit. Fair play to him because I’m not his biggest fan.

He was a poor signing, no question. He isn’t what we needed, despite his ‘potential’. 

I think he was a decent purchase. The problem is however that the rest of our midfield is pretty powder puff. When you compare midfields in the PL and you see us fielding Hourihane..I'm not surprised we are struggling. 

Hause, Elmo, Taylor, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Trez and Wesley. Wonder how many matches they have between them. I'm inclined to remove Hause cause he was a total punt, but the rest of them are absolute shite. 

Everton have better midfielders than him already, and they've just appointed Ancelotti, they will be going for much better than Luiz a player who hasn't even been that great for us truth be told.

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Everton already have Delph, Sigurdsson, Schnederlin, Gomes, Gbamin and Davies in midfield, all those are arguably better than Luiz, Davies maybe not, but he's more of a consistent performer.

Delph is finished and I think Schnedierlin is off at the end of the season. Not actually sure what Davies is good at.

I can see him going there 

They'll be spending big under Ancelotti otherwise he wouldn't have gone there, and he'll want to bring in top proven top quality, which again I doubt will be a player who hasn't even been that good for us, he's had two good games and suddenly he's good enough for City, Ancelotti's going to buy him, and he's better McGinn, before the lockdown he was getting heavily criticized as not being good enough.

If he leaves can see maybe going to Spain, if City are still interested in how develops then wouldn't be surprised if they advised him to stay with us, which I think would be a good thing, as I'm not saying he's a bad player.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

city can match the bid or they lose the clause

if we agree to sell him for £10m to someone and city want him back then they can also bid £10m and take him instead

• Thanks 2

Playing good enough during the restart to put himself in the shopping window. Well done.

If everyone of our players could play at the level he's currently playing we might still stand a chance to avoid promotion.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

city can match the bid or they lose the clause

if we agree to sell him for £10m to someone and city want him back then they can also bid £10m and take him instead

Hopefully someone bids 30 million plus for him. I hope he stays as he is going to be a Don midfielder.

9 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Hopefully someone bids 30 million plus for him. I hope he stays as he is going to be a Don midfielder.

that to me is why city put the clause in

I don't think he will ever play for them, he wont hit that level, but with the way football transfers are going that doesn't mean that he wont be a £30m player

if the buy back clause is £25m then as soon as someone bids £26m man city might as well buy him back and flip him, what the buy back does in effect is potentially cap the amount of profit we can make on him

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

if the buy back clause is £25m then as soon as someone bids £26m man city might as well buy him back and flip him, what the buy back does in effect is potentially cap the amount of profit we can make on him

Not this again 😩

Has this ever happened in British football? No examples of players who were bought back and went out on loan for a season or two before being sold please.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

This guy recently got called up to the Brazilian national squad and you think he'd be willing to to down to the Championship?

No chance.

he is part of the reason we are going down he can be part of the reason of going back up, don't think we are going to roll over and sell our assets if we don't need to this time round

He will learn nothing playing the championship let's be honest. Not that he especially too good for it right now. Thoufh Ryan Woods was made to look like Pirlo against certain managers. 

If I was his advisor I would never let that happen.

25 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Not this again 😩

Has this ever happened in British football? No examples of players who were bought back and went out on loan for a season or two before being sold please.

Has using a buy back clause ever happened in British football? 

Only one I can think of is deulofeu going back to barca, can't think of one where the PL club have activated it 

So hard to tell what will happen with luizs 

Luiz is a promising player, but not sure why people think anyone is going to play £25m plus for him, I wonder if he gave the same performances but hadn't come from Man City and wasn't Brazilian, if people would still be talking about him being sold for that amount, Man City wanting him back and so on. If he does leave we will do well to get back what we paid for him, doubt City will buy him back because it's doubtful that anyone will pay more than the buyback clause is, and bear in mind they already paid £10m when they signed him from Vasco De Gama.

Â