Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 17/02/2020 at 20:34, It's Your Round said:

Douglas Luiz will only get better, he’s young and improving. He’s got a touch of class about him that will shine though as he develops and becomes more consistent. If we do end up relegated, I hope he stays with us. I think he’d come on leaps and bounds in the championship. 

I agree but he will be off with Jack,  Mings,    and  McGinn 

Going to be World Class. When I spoke to Idrissa Gueye and Jordan Ayew in that season they said the pace of the league was unbelievable and it was a shock.  Once they were up to speed they actually said it improved their game.  

Douglas Luiz struggled with the speed of the league without looking totally overwhelmed. When we go down we need to hold on to him maybe a loan move initially depending on how long we're down there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

He was probably our best player today, but he would be no where near Chelsks 1st team.

IF we stop up, we desperately need better than the current central midfielders we have now

I don't think our yardstick is currently at Chelsea's first XI to be honest.

He's probably shown enough promise that he won't have to play in the championship if he doesn't want to, but think people are going overboard with talk of him getting in the Man City squad, and being better than McGinn, after a couple of good games.. Look at the comments on this thread after our game against Leicester, now suddenly he's amazing two games later. The harsh truth is that he hasn't been much better than our other midfielders this season, but as at least shown glimpses that he can be a good player, potentially a very good one in the right set up, but he's not there yet.

Â