Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Biggest fraud I’ve seen in a Villa shirt.

The goal against Arsenal and two v Palace really papered over the crack of just how bad he is.

If someone can honestly pinpoint anything he did first half of value I will be amazed.

Another air kick tonight which is always pleasing to see, it did nearly pay off for Jacks goal line clearance but boy he is a bad player.

Silly free kicks and general garbage to his all round play. 

Also please don’t attack me and say I’m negative etc etc ... far from it, I’m ecstatic at the start to the season we have had. I love the 9/11 players we have on our first team. I just feel we are so close to having a truly top rate midfield and he hampers us.

Fully expecting pelters from people on here as most people don’t like it when posters dare criticise a player ... but Trez is dog s***

He played poorly tonight, agreed, as did a lot of players. 

He's been very good for the other 4 league games though.

3 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Biggest fraud I’ve seen in a Villa shirt.

The goal against Arsenal and two v Palace really papered over the crack of just how bad he is.

If someone can honestly pinpoint anything he did first half of value I will be amazed.

Another air kick tonight which is always pleasing to see, it did nearly pay off for Jacks goal line clearance but boy he is a bad player.

Silly free kicks and general garbage to his all round play. 

Also please don’t attack me and say I’m negative etc etc ... far from it, I’m ecstatic at the start to the season we have had. I love the 9/11 players we have on our first team. I just feel we are so close to having a truly top rate midfield and he hampers us.

Fully expecting pelters from people on here as most people don’t like it when posters dare criticise a player ... but Trez is dog s***

I think most people generally agree that overall he’s not good enough to be starting. He’s done wonderfully with the skill set he has but tonight was just proof that we still need better players. Work rate is fantastic but it only gets you so far when the skill isn’t there. 

If you’ll get criticized for anything (and rightly so) it’s the “biggest fraud” comment. That’s completely nonsensical.

Also, if you have to plead for people not to be critical of your post it’s best not to post something critical.

Just now, Mark_1989 said:

😂😂😂😂

pretty sure I’ve studied and watched a hell of a lot more football than most on this forum.

Maybe but Ross McCormack, lescott, tonev, salifou, Jordan Bowery. The list goes on and on.
Trez is just not very good but he’s done more for this club than the 5 people listed above put together. 

• Like 2

The way I look at it Is if Trez was in the championship do you honestly think he would be one of the stand out performers in his position within the league...I honestly don’t think he would come close.

The rest of our first 11 bar possibly targett would be. A very simplistic way of looking at things I’ll agree but I don’t think he’s good enough 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think most people generally agree that overall he’s not good enough to be starting. He’s done wonderfully with the skill set he has but tonight was just proof that we still need better players. Work rate is fantastic but it only gets you so far when the skill isn’t there. 

If you’ll get criticized for anything (and rightly so) it’s the “biggest fraud” comment. That’s completely nonsensical.

Also, if you have to plead for people not to be critical of your post it’s best not to post something critical.

Tbh in truth I couldn’t care less, but I know people on here are sensitive when anything negative is said.

The biggest disappointment tonight was uncharacteristic little assistance he gave Cash defensively down the right today.

Leeds had so much joy there and Cash being isolated led to many of their chances.

Just now, ZL- said:

The biggest disappointment tonight was uncharacteristic little assistance he gave Cash defensively down the right today.

Leeds had so much joy there and Cash being isolated led to many of their chances.

Thought cash did very well first half. 

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Maybe but Ross McCormack, lescott, tonev, salifou, Jordan Bowery. The list goes on and on.
Trez is just not very good but he’s done more for this club than the 5 people listed above put together. 

Used the term “fraud” in the sense that he has conned people into thinking he is a good player.

Trez was really bad tonight. I mean, really bad. 

Firstly, what's made him look so much better this season? Not his attacking threat! It's been his ability to track back and help Matty Cash but today he gave him zero cover for the whole of the time he was on the pitch. 

You then look at his attacking play. The first time he broke into the box he had chance for a shot but dithered on the the ball and nothing happened. Second time, their defender played a bad ball across their defence and Trezeguet ran onto it. He should have hit it first time but he took a bad touch and it was cleared. He then had a third chance which has skipped my memory but was again a touch too many. 

Really poor tonight and needs to fear replacement after that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Used the term “fraud” in the sense that he has conned people into thinking he is a good player.

That’s fair enough I suppose but even in that sense I think it’s even a bit much to say biggest ever at the club. We’ve had our fair share. 

Many players were below par tonight and after the first goal we just crumbled. No shape or plan. Leeds were relentless which wasn't really a huge surprise. I don't think it's worth dwelling on this one too much as we'll have better days. 

Edited by birdman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Many players were below par tonight and after the first goal we just crumbled. No shape or plan. Leeds were relentless which wasn't really a huge surprise. I don't think it's worth dwelling on this one too much as we'll have better days. 

Agreed - I’m not too upset we’ve had a fantastic start to season.

My only frustration is I believe we have a really really good midfield but it could be so much better if we could just improve on Trez.

We’ve got to set the bar higher than just a player who is a willing runner is my only thought. 

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What did Traore exactly do when he came on?

Trez in. 1000 %

To be fair, when Traore came on we had already given up and were mostly hoofing it up to Watkins or looking for the occasional counter 

Â