Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a poor footballer.

Traore wouldn't have made any difference.

Leeds were the better side by every aspects of the game. Smith got schooled, that's why we lost. Not because of Trezeguet.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

Whenever he is asked to do anything that requires footballing ability, our move breaks down. 

He’s a forward player. It’s a bit embarrassing that he’s in our team literally to run around and put his foot in. 

Just gotta hope that lad we spent 17m on is a half decent replacement because I can’t watch this bloke play much this season. 

I said at the start of the window that I’d consider it a poor window if Trezeguet got much game time this season. For what it’s worth, I don’t think it was a poor window (my bad) but it is frustrating we have to watch Trezeguet every week. He’s just so bad on the ball. 

• Like 1

He tries which is endearing but it seems that for every 10 situations he gets with the ball he gives it away cheaply on 5 of them through poor control or a poor pass, on another 2 of the 10 he plays a very basic sideways/backwards pass, on another he tries a run but gets outpaced and on one he goes down as though fouled although he usually hasn't been. 1 out of 10 he may actually beat his man and do something ok.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

He could've done more to help cash

Leeds were much fitter and worked harder than us, that's why they won.

Trez isn't the only one guilty of this. Our whole team were second best all game.

This is a collective thing. But it's so short sighted of fans to try to find a scapegoat.

5 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

He tries which is endearing but it seems that for every 10 situations he gets with the ball he gives it away cheaply on 5 of them through poor control or a poor pass, on another 2 of the 10 he plays a very basic sideways/backwards pass, on another he tries a run but gets outpaced and on one he goes down as though fouled although he usually hasn't been. 1 out of 10 he may actually beat his man and do something ok.

Thats the problem against a team like Leeds you keep giving the ball away with the speed they play at its playing into their hands. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Trez isn't the only one guilty of this. Our whole team were second best all game.

This is a collective thing. But it's so short sighted of fans to try to find a scapegoat.

Yep 100% agree, but Trez is still partly to blame for the cash getting battered , as were others everyone deserves to criticized for that horrible performance.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

38 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Love it.

• Thanks 1

I remember at one point in the first half, their defender knocked it across the face of the goal and it fell to Trezeguet who should have just hit it. As is tradition, he stopped and thought he could beat his man on the outside with his scintillating pace. 

In reality, he’s slow and his one trick didn’t work AGAIN. 

He’s so limited. His work rate alone keeps him in the side. I can’t wait until we have a decent player the opposite side to Grealish because whenever we attack down our right, I know if the ball lands at Trezeguets feet it’s pretty much attack over. 

Never a premier league player. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I remember at one point in the first half, their defender knocked it across the face of the goal and it fell to Trezeguet who should have just hit it. As is tradition, he stopped and thought he could beat his man on the outside with his scintillating pace. 

In reality, he’s slow and his one trick didn’t work AGAIN. 

He’s so limited. His work rate alone keeps him in the side. I can’t wait until we have a decent player the opposite side to Grealish because whenever we attack down our right, I know if the ball lands at Trezeguets feet it’s pretty much attack over. 

Never a premier league player. 

Maybe he should change his nickname to Hutton?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The lack of self awareness is actually a thing of beauty. Kind of.

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

The whole nickname thing is a joke in itself. I mean, I look like Brad Pitt, but I ain’t gonna go to work Monday and start getting everyone to call me it. 

Think I read it was his youth coach who gave it to him and it stuck. They are obviously nothing alike at all as players.

As per Sofascore, he made just seven successful passes in the 66 minutes that he was on the pitch, whilst his tally of 25 total touches was the lowest of any player who started the game for either side.

He lost a whopping nine of his 14 total duels, and also committed a team-high of five fouls. He also failed to register a single shot on target, whilst he sent in no accurate crosses either.

https://www.footballfancast.com/aston-villa-news/aston-villa-trezeguet-leeds-dean-smith-premier-league-match-reaction-analysis-news

He was really poor yesterday but in the 4 previous games he justified his place in the team and was competitive and gave good support on the whole to Cash.

Hopefully he improves or it gives someone else the chance to take his place.

• Like 1

Â