Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Ok I bow to you're superior knowledge as youth talent spotter ...to me he looks championship level at best ...indeed if he is as good as you say - you don't think a prem club will come in for him this summer !!!!

I have been posting on here long enough for any of you to know to not trust my opinion. I hope that we can stay up and push on, that’s my ideal scenario. Konsa would be central to my plans if I was manager, I think he’s excellent but thankfully I’m not! I am not superior to anyone in any way shape or form

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I have been posting on here long enough for any of you to know to not trust my opinion. I hope that we can stay up and push on, that’s my ideal scenario. Konsa would be central to my plans if I was manager, I think he’s excellent but thankfully I’m not! I am not superior to anyone in any way shape or form

Only kiddin mate.

Very difficult to judge how it goes. I thought Doyle Hayes was going to be the next Gordan Cowan's - now he's on the dole !

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Only kiddin mate.

Very difficult to judge how it goes. I thought Doyle Hayes was going to be the next Gordan Cowan's - now he's on the dole !

It’s ok 👍 Doyle-Hayes won’t be on the dole for long, he’s a very good player and a nice lad too

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's been largely good since lockdown.

Under the right manager (whoever that may be) he can iron out the kinks in his game and become a really good player for us.

He could end up DM or RB but perfectly happy with him at CB.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

I'm starting to think he's the best out of all our defenders.

He's actually impressed me most at RB. I know he's not natural going forward, but he wins most duals...and his crossing tonight...wow.

• Like 3

Don't see it - doesn't look as good as Nathan Baker to me. Might hold his own in the championship, but no more than that - quite where the £11m fee came from baffles me.

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm starting to think he's the best out of all our defenders.

He's actually impressed me most at RB. I know he's not natural going forward, but he wins most duals...and his crossing tonight...wow.

Although he isn't a natural fit at RB I agree that he has made more of a contribution there than he did as a CB.

• Like 1

Not prem quality but then I think we bought him to be third or forth choice CB and to develop him ... presumably he’ll be our CB with Hause next season .

He’s not a right back though and Guilbert should start there on Sunday 

I said it in the post match forum, and I'm still a little torn. I don't think he's a natural RB but as a few point out here, he has a pretty good cross on him. Just don't know if he has the attributes to be a stand out full back. 

• Like 1

His crossing was sensational in the first half. This stint at RB will do his game the world of good especially when he goes back to CB. Hopefully for the next game. I hope he doesn't become a utility player though. Good enough for the premier League methinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

I'm impressed by the level of his crossing. He actually crosses the ball better than our wingers. Not that that's hard to achieve... 

It wasn't this good five games ago.

He's done this incredible thing...practice I think it's called.

Good lad.

• Like 1

I like Konsa as a RB, and 50 games in the Championship in the position might just make him a PL quality RB when we are promoted again. Sometimes your best position finds you by accident.

• Like 1

He was decent in the opening half hour of the game, put in 2 or 3 good crosses as well. Not his fault the officials were incompetent and changed the course of the game. 
Villa have looked defensively better with Konsa at RB. He’s plenty young enough with plenty of improvement still to come. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Not prem quality but then I think we bought him to be third or forth choice CB and to develop him ... presumably he’ll be our CB with Hause next season .

He’s not a right back though and Guilbert should start there on Sunday 

And this is the problem with our coaches - they don't make players fulfil their potential. 

We've seen numerous players leave and flourish - Veretout, Ayew, Gueye, Gollini, Stevens, Lowton and, of course, Adama.

Perhaps it's as much the lack of quality around him, but rarely do we see talent being nurtured fully at our club.

• Like 2

Â