Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I thought he was trying to reinact that Barry Venison goal line overhead clearance for Newcastle all those years ago...

Konsa is 22 I think. I'm 31. I have very little recollection of Barry Venison. I'm pretty sure Ezri Konsa has never heard of Barry Venison.😀

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Played for Newcastle in the early to mid 90's. Same team as Shaka Hislop, Albert, Howey, Andy Cole etc.

Link to that very goal here..

Yeah that much I had in my my head and also that he had the same hairstyle as Warren Barton and Marlon Beresford.

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah that much I had in my my head and also that he had the same hairstyle as Warren Barton and Marlon Beresford.

Marlon Beresford? Do you mean John Beresford? 

I've said Beresford in my head too many times now and it doesn't sound right.

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Maybe. I can't remember his first name, but Beresford in any case and I'm not bothrered looking it up. God knows why Marlon came in to my head?

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Maybe. I can't remember his first name, but Beresford in any case and I'm not bothrered looking it up. God knows why Marlon came in to my head?

It's just a great name. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hah. Remember On the Ball saturday mornings early 2000s with Baz and a young Gabby Logan. What happened to the Vension?

He went off the radar for a few years but he was doing some sort of football coaching in the U.S if my memory serves me correctly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Konsa is 22 I think. I'm 31. I have very little recollection of Barry Venison. I'm pretty sure Ezri Konsa has never heard of Barry Venison.😀

interesting fact* his sister lives next door to my gran in kiddermisnter

* not actually interesting

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I was once on the same plane as John Beresford coming back from Spain.

Looked quite small.

Oh the glamour.

Edited by The Fun Factory

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Played for Newcastle in the early to mid 90's. Same team as Shaka Hislop, Albert, Howey, Andy Cole etc.

Link to that very goal here..

Also played for Liverpool in 80's Andy! :)

Barry Venison was known as/ basically the football version of Pat Sharp (Fun House/ Pat & Mick) both had mullets. :D

I went St James Park when  Barry Venison scored first goal against us in 1995. Only 30 Villa fans there that day (That's all Newcastle would allow, we made so much noise in small block for Villa fans) It was when St James Park was being expanded! 2 of them was me and my mate Gav.

We had gone every away game for 3 seasons at the time. Great memories!

https://www.11v11.com/matches/newcastle-united-v-aston-villa-25-february-1995-22026/

Goals:

Barry Venison   31 G
Peter Beardsley   55 G
Peter Beardsley   66

G

Goals:

Andy Townsend   40 G

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Do you remember ex Newcastle winger Nikodemus (Niko) Papavasiliou?

Championship Manager 93/94 legend

10 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Marlon Beresford was a goalkeeper, I remember him from a sticker book. Cant remember seeing him play or who he played for

Here he is as a Burnley player...

s-l1600.jpg

Also played for Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough and had a lot of loan clubs, was recently a goalkeeper coach at Motherwell, all according to wikipedia.

On 16/07/2020 at 22:08, mikeyp102 said:

Who’s going to buy him?

Wolves were actually linked last summer a week or so we came in. Who knows if he's still on their radar.

I rate him the same as Targett, can have the odd good game but also struggles at times. Think it will be better for his career if he stays with us, plays 40 times in championship and gets the confidence of being a key play and we come straight back up and he's more confident to take on the premier league.

On 17/07/2020 at 00:05, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mings is an England international, when he partnered Engels at the start of the season, they looked unbeatable. Konsa is a future England international according to Smith and Hause is more than capable back up. I think they are good options to have as a newly promoted side

Mings-Engels looked decent at start of the season...however clean sheets were still as rare as they are now and we were conceding 2s and 3s on a regular basis which was costing us points that look very crucial now.

Just out of interest SGC, how many goals would we have conceded in the league if we had a rubbish defence, 100? 😉

Â