Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

57 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

He was decent in the opening half hour of the game, put in 2 or 3 good crosses as well. Not his fault the officials were incompetent and changed the course of the game. 
Villa have looked defensively better with Konsa at RB. He’s plenty young enough with plenty of improvement still to come. 

Hes 23 in October - sure not in his peak years yet - but he isn't actually that young.

not seeing much myself - might be adequate in the championship - but thats about it IMO

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s done quite well at right back but his natural position is centre back for me

He's done ok , but he's not as good at going forward as Elmo, we lack that threat when he plays RB

Edited by AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

He's done ok , but he's not as good at going forward as Elmo, we lack that threat when he plays RB

I mean he put two excellent crosses in VS United. I agree though, although he was solid he's not natural going forward. Just hope Smith doesn't bring Hause back in next game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Regardless of how Hause is come Thursday, we need to stick with this back 4 v Everton

You can say that again...

After a performance like that, other than any injuries I’d keep things as much the same as possible.

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Regardless of how Hause is come Thursday, we need to stick with this back 4 v Everton

its a change that should have been made a few games back, more than anything despite Konsa being solid at RB elmo just gives us more there (he will of course now be **** wank in the next 3 games)

I noticed during the final stages of the game Konsa and Benteke had a clash and words. It seemed to me that Benteke nodded over to the tunnel area so they could continue their disagreement a little further after the game, obviously if he was carded on the pitch they didn't make it that far. Hodgson has said Benteke lashed out at Konsa at the final whistle.

Anyway, I was pleased with Konsa for standing up to Benteke and his overall performance the last few games. 

We should field an unchanged team against Everton, if everyone is fit and hope they can click once again.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’ll be starting for us at CB in the championship but if we do pull off a miracle and survive, we’d need better than him to partner Mings I’m afraid. 

I disagree, I think Konsa is good enough for The Premier League, Smith think he’ll play for England 

Â