Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

He does some really nice things at times. At other times he looks really inadequate, his tendency to ball watch is unreal especially at the level he's playing. And that challenge for the disallowed goal was pathetic. He needs to be a lot more physical if he's to become a successful premier league, centre - half. 

• Like 2

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

He is Premier League quality.

we will do well to keep him this summer

Seriously ?- i would be absolutely staggered if anyone comes in for him - just looks like an average CB to me.

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seriously ?- i would be absolutely staggered if anyone comes in for him - just looks like an average CB to me.

He is very effective as a defender and attacker from set pieces.  
Only mistake he made was the slip but besides that he has the components to be a top 10 premier league defender.

He was gutted at the end, which I guess is because he couldn't keep the ball out of the net 😞

Played very well today though, even without the added bonus of the goal. A year of Premier League football should have done him the world of good for the Championship next season. 

21 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He is very effective as a defender and attacker from set pieces.  
Only mistake he made was the slip but besides that he has the components to be a top 10 premier league defender.

Wait and see - pretty sure he will be with us next season and beyond.

To me he lacks presence to be a top 10 premier League defender.

In hindsight how would have folks cleared that ball? Instead of trying hooking it over my head I probably would have tried heading it.

Obviously I would have fallen on my arse and the ball hitting me in the face and rolling in lol.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

In hindsight how would have folks cleared that ball? Instead of trying hooking it over my head I probably would have tried heading it.

Obviously I would have fallen on my arse and the ball hitting me in the face and rolling in lol.

I'd have chested it, taken another touch while I looked upfield. Then played in Davis with a pinpoint long ball straight onto his left foot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't understand the blame towards Konsa for the goal. I thought he was excellent today, quicker than I thought too. Alongside Luiz, most improved since lockdown. Seems to really care too. Will be an asset next season.

• Like 4

Just now, Mjvilla said:

I don't understand the blame towards Konsa for the goal. I thought he was excellent today, quicker than I thought too. Alongside Luiz, most improved since lockdown. Seems to really care too. Will be an asset next season.

I don't think anyone is blaming him.

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

No it's not on him. We were carved open seconds earlier which was a warning.

It's not about tonight - over the season we have conceded too many goals - esp when we get our noses in front. 

I think he’s class, £12m for one of England’s most promising young centre backs, he will prove to be a bargain I think. I’m pleased for him that he scored today, hopefully he can go on to cement a place in our first team now 

Just now, MaVilla said:

Gonna be a classy player, hopefully with us, really hope he is with us next season.

He will be - he isn't that good. I would be staggered if any premier League club is eyeing him.

Luiz might be a different story - compare Luiz to Konsa - one is reasonable - the other has the quality to cut it in the prem.

• Like 1

Â