Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Strength? Strength in depth? I fail to see where we have strength anywhere within our squad right now!! 😂

Mings is an England international, when he partnered Engels at the start of the season, they looked unbeatable. Konsa is a future England international according to Smith and Hause is more than capable back up. I think they are good options to have as a newly promoted side

• Like 2

Always a threat from set pieces,  lacks a bit of concentration in his own box though, but he’s been good last few games and is definitely a good prospect that will grow in value 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mings is an England international, when he partnered Engels at the start of the season, they looked unbeatable. Konsa is a future England international according to Smith and Hause is more than capable back up. I think they are good options to have as a newly promoted side

The only thing you’ve stated there that is factually correct is about Mings being an England international, but I would be very surprised to see him starting any game for England any time soon.

Mings and Engles being unbeatable at the start of the season? You see the thing is that they actually were beaten, by Spurs, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace and Arsenal.

Regarding Konsa, you do realise that when DS says that, in reality it’s worthless. Manager overhyping player to boost confidence shocker!

And as for Hause, the problem is he’s not been backup has he? He’s started 17 games this season! More than Engles has!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Always a threat from set pieces,  lacks a bit of concentration in his own box though, but he’s been good last few games and is definitely a good prospect that will grow in value 

He’s very young for a centre back, he will learn and become a better player as a result 

6 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

The only thing you’ve stated there that is factually correct is about Mings being an England international, but I would be very surprised to see him starting any game for England any time soon.

Mings and Engles being unbeatable at the start of the season? You see the thing is that they actually were beaten, by Spurs, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace and Arsenal.

Regarding Konsa, you do realise that when DS says that, in reality it’s worthless. Manager overhyping player to boost confidence shocker!

And as for Hause, the problem is he’s not been backup has he? He’s started 17 games this season! More than Engles has!

It’s like you have an agenda against me! I fondly remember our defence looking unbeatable against Spurs away, hopefully we can get back to that. Why would you be surprised to see Mings starting games for England? It’s his shirt to lose for me. Regarding Konsa, I trust the manager’s judgement, he’s just beginning to cement himself in our first team. As for Hause, I think he’s done quite well whenever he’s played, yes, he’s made a few mistakes but he will learn and become a better player as a result 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, unbeatable, their 3 goals coming in the last 17 minutes. Engels, Mings and Heaton were fabulous

Maybe you need to read what unbeatable means 😂😂

• Haha 1

I like Konsa, one for the future definitely but sorry he absolutely did make a Horlicks of that clearance. If he stays on his feet it's a simple headed clearance.

Why he opted for an overhead I've no idea, but even then if you're a pro footballer a ball looping at that speed you should absolutely be making a clean contact and clearing that ball. He pretty much air kicked it he sliced it so bad.

In isolation it's not the worst mistake in the world and it happens, so no point slagging him, but just so happens it's cost us a three points that was absolutely vital to our season and has pretty much doomed us.

Could tell the lad was devastated as he knows he could and should have done better with it and will be hurting. Chin up Ezri put it right next year

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Very happy with Konsa. 

He impressed me last night and outside of Luiz he was my choice for MOTM.

Tragic circumstances for the lad right at the death but hopefully he comes on stronger for the error and stays encouraged by his performance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He impressed me last night and outside of Luiz he was my choice for MOTM.

Tragic circumstances for the lad right at the death but hopefully he comes on stronger for the error and stays encouraged by his performance.

If anything I think Konsa embodies Aston Villa - he is developing well and there is no more we can ask of a player like him. He fits the club at this stage of its development (sadly for the same reason it is why Jack's got to leave regardless of relegation.) He'll be a big player for us when we come back up. 

• Like 1

I think Reina might have reached it himself had Konsa not gone for it. I just watched El Ghazi's miss and their goal—they are both so depressingly avoidable. They're both easier to score/stop than miss/score.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

Doing an overhead kick clearance like that is far from easy. 

We'll need to make sure we incorporate Doug's instruction manuals into future training sessions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

Anyone blaming konsa for the goal is a complete moron and cleary never played football. 

Doing an overhead kick clearance like that is far from easy. 

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

We'll need to make sure we incorporate Doug's instruction manuals into future training sessions.

I thought he was trying to reinact that Barry Venison goal line overhead clearance for Newcastle all those years ago...

Â