Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Don't know...The type of character Mings is I could see him wanting to be playing week in week out in all the crucial games - I could see him wanting to leave tbh. Especially given how much football he's missed out on over the course of his career.

Don’t see it in his first season back after a year out - can’t see anyone putting up the cash for him and think he’ll be happy to compete for a place. What you say may come true summer of 2025 if he can’t get enough games but I still think a season easing back in slightly will have been beneficial to him. And that can include plenty of big games - look at the list Lenglet has played in, in PL and Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised to find this thread on page 3, especially as he doesn't have any bristols. 

Anyway I think he's also been very poor for a number of weeks tbh. Not nearly as vocal or imposing as he can be, instead he's plodding around looking a little out of sorts. 

I am a fan of Ezri, he's such a classy and composed defender when in possession, and for me one of the best ball playing English centre backs. Probably only Stones is better on the ball.

BUT....he is so passive defensively. He doesn't seem to be able to anticipate the danger and whilst he may have led the defence well earlier in the season that seems to have stopped. It didn't help that he was playing with Lenglet instead of Pau but that's no excuse.

He needs to work really hard on improving his defending. On the ball he's great, off the ball he has some real issues he needs to overcome. 

Â