Tom Heaton

midian

Great news.

Now stop forcing him playing out from the back, that's not his game. That was one of our biggest downfall last season.

A big part to why things got a lot better post lockdown is we played more direct and stopped playing risky football.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

On 01/08/2020 at 11:59, cyrusr said:

To be honest, none of the papers hold much weight, I just can’t stand the Mails click bait.

Totally agree.  Seems that their so called journalism consists of monitoring twitter.  I remember the good old days when The Mail had seasoned journalists that had inside contacts, trust and info from the club.  Could you imagine anyone at Villa confiding in these clowns.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

TBH, if it saved us 20m, I'd be happy with Nyland playing one or two games at the start of the season.
We could really do without spending anything on a new keeper when we have such pressing needs in other areas of the pitch. 

Or a loan to compete until Heaton is ready. 

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Great news.

Now stop forcing him playing out from the back, that's not his game. That was one of our biggest downfall last season.

A big part to why things got a lot better post lockdown is we played more direct and stopped playing risky football.

Couldn't disagree more with the last line. Reina's skill with the ball took loads of pressure of the back rather than it going long and coming straight back each time. Just a shame his shot stopping skills are below par.

It was very obvious that Luiz coming deep and being able to get the ball forwards instead of relying on Mings/Hause/Konsa to do it made a huge difference.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Couldn't disagree more with the last line. Reina's skill with the ball took loads of pressure of the back rather than it going long and coming straight back each time. Just a shame his shot stopping skills are below par.

It was very obvious that Luiz coming deep and being able to get the ball forwards instead of relying on Mings/Hause/Konsa to do it made a huge difference.

Works better with Reina as he is a sweeper keeper and very good on the ball with his feet.

Heaton is the opposite. That is not his game. Heaton is more old fashioned.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Works better with Reina as he is a sweeper keeper and very good on the ball with his feet.

Heaton is the opposite. That is not his game. Heaton is more old fashioned.

Agreed but I do think if Luiz is still playing deep and starts the season in good form it could continue working. No point hoping for Heaton to do the balls over the top to our fullbacks mind. 

23 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Agreed but I do think if Luiz is still playing deep and starts the season in good form it could continue working. No point hoping for Heaton to do the balls over the top to our fullbacks mind. 

Definitely. We looked defensively solid against Sheffield United after the restart and had Nyland in goal, who's not good at anything 😂 . It's more to do with Douglas Luiz and the back 4 pushing up than Reina's distribution. Heaton will be a huge asset next year if he isn't too affected by the injury

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

TBH, if it saved us 20m, I'd be happy with Nyland playing one or two games at the start of the season.
We could really do without spending anything on a new keeper when we have such pressing needs in other areas of the pitch. 

Miss Panic GIF by MolaTV

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I never want to see that guy in the shirt again.

Â