Tom Heaton

midian

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Doubting he will move on is a fair comment, i also doubt it.  

Very different to trusting you that he is fine with £40k/week and therefore there isn't a potential issue that could crop up.

I think the 40k a week will be a huge influencer in him staying put, he will not get that wage again if he moves, at his stage in life his playing days a numbered and he needs to look after his future. And I'm more than happy for him to hang around he's still an excellent backup to Emi.

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Who said a No 2 does less training than a No 1? Stop making things up I didnt write that, he's doing punditry because he's coming tonthe end of his career and its more acceptable to see a squad player on TV than a 1st team regular. Sorry to disappoint with the boring and lazy comments 😂 If he moves on come back say I told you you so, you obviously know best.

I've explicitly stated that I haven't a clue if he is happy or not. You have on the other hand insisted that he is.

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I've explicitly stated that I haven't a clue if he is happy or not. You have on the other hand insisted that he is.

Where have I insisted he's happy? Incorrect I have not insisted anything!

I've said I think he will be happy to continue to get paid 40k as a No 2, it's an opinion on a forum shock horror! Get over yourself ffs.

19 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Where have I insisted he's happy? Incorrect I have not insisted anything!

I've said I think he will be happy to continue to get paid 40k as a No 2, it's an opinion on a forum shock horror! Get over yourself ffs.

54 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Trust me at 40k a week Tom Heaton will be just fine as a No 2 don't stress, a little bit of punditry on the side here and there wouldn't be able to do that as a No 1!

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

That is not insisting it's giving my opinion.

I think the phrase "trust me" is insistence that he'll be fine. The first post you said "I think" and I'm fine with that but IMO in the second post you've insisted that he'll fine with the use of trust me.

I'm not bothered about the ins and outs of grammar. We have two different opinions on the it. Let's just leave it there.

14 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think the phrase "trust me" is insistence that he'll be fine. The first post you said "I think" and I'm fine with that but IMO in the second post you've insisted that he'll fine with the use of trust me.

I'm not bothered about the ins and outs of grammar. We have two different opinions on the it. Let's just leave it there.

Stop taking things so literally 😂 I'm not itk with Tom Heatons affairs, at no point have I 'insisted' as you put it. It's a forum stop taking things so serious and personal....jesus christ!

• 1 month later...

Can't see any way he'll stay past the summer. In exactly the same position as he was at Burnley when he got season ending injury and Pope came in and make number one position his own, Emi done exactly the same and Steer is fine as back up to play the cups so one of those goes with best wishes departure with a couple of million coming to us.

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Southgate considering calling up Sam Johnstone.

It's a damn shame it's gone the way it has for Heaton 

Is that true? There is more of a case for leaving a fully fit Grealish out of the squad than there is for calling up Sam Johnstone.

Not quite old enough that he'd be content with sitting on the bench with zero chance of getting the #1 spot and probably on too high a wages for us to have as #2.

Hopefully he'll get a move in the summer.

7 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Is that true? There is more of a case for leaving a fully fit Grealish out of the squad than there is for calling up Sam Johnstone.

He has made the most saves in the league, Southgate loves them stats. Doesn't watch any of his other stuff

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has made the most saves in the league, Southgate loves them stats. Doesn't watch any of his other stuff

Agreed, he's a disaster. Loves stats unless they show Jack Grealish should have been in the team (not squad) for three years, then they can be ignored.

• Like 1

I've still got PTSD from our many many bad keepers.

I hope Heaton stays exactly where he is. We've learnt the hard way you can't win many matches with a bad keeper. He's the right age to be a great #2 and hopefully head off into the sunset when one of the kids is ready to play 5-10 cup games a season behind Emi.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I've still got PTSD from our many many bad keepers.

I hope Heaton stays exactly where he is. We've learnt the hard way you can't win many matches with a bad keeper. He's the right age to be a great #2 and hopefully head off into the sunset when one of the kids is ready to play 5-10 cup games a season behind Emi.

I still think Jed Steer is a decent enough No.2, he is better than some backup keepers in the league and I think club have high hopes for Sinisalo

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Although looking at the other English keepers, I'm struggling to think of 3 better than him that are getting regular game time. He's probably worth looking at considering there is a tournament in the summer.

48 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Although looking at the other English keepers, I'm struggling to think of 3 better than him that are getting regular game time. He's probably worth looking at considering there is a tournament in the summer.

Woodman is getting rave reviews, Darlow had a good season before Dubravka came back

Edited by Zatman

I really liked Heaton before his injury, he's just not quite as good as Martinez. That's not a disgrace though, I can't think of another keeper anywhere who is to be honest.  It's rare though, that a club can keep two top flight keepers happy. I would imagine that Tom will be off in the summer, he's too good to be a number two.

• Like 2

On 18/03/2021 at 00:53, Zatman said:

I still think Jed Steer is a decent enough No.2, he is better than some backup keepers in the league and I think club have high hopes for Sinisalo

Imagine plan is Sinisalo to come back and we then loan out the lad who had a good game v Liverpool in the cup.

I have more confidence in the decisions we'll make with the keepers as think Neil Cutler is one of the best keeper coaches around and DS will trust him to make those calls. IIRC think he joined us a month before we signed Kalinic so can't be blamed for that as deal was already done and I imagine he pushed for likes of Heaton and Martinez to sign, both exactly what we needed at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
Â