Tom Heaton

midian

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Miss Panic GIF by MolaTV

To be fair alot of keeper at that level can make blunders.

Alot of his games Nyland in all fairness made some exxcellent saves that kept us in games.

I'm far less concerned about Nyland being in goal than the fact we may have to rely on Ghazi and Samatta next season for winger and striker. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Tomsub said:

Totally agree.  Seems that their so called journalism consists of monitoring twitter.  I remember the good old days when The Mail had seasoned journalists that had inside contacts, trust and info from the club.  Could you imagine anyone at Villa confiding in these clowns.

Yeah.....Leon Hickman and the likes.

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

If he’s training now he will be fine for it.

Not the case unfortunately he could still be a fair way off ready to play 90 minutes. Desperately need him fit though.

We have to be 100% sure he's ready the alternatives are a bit nerve wracking unless we buy a new backup keeper.

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

So three league games and the cup matches. Happy for Steer and Nyland to cover those games personally. 

If that's it, yes. Steer has always impressed me. 

But I think we got to consider Heaton's age here. The likelyhood of him coming back from this to his old form with no new injury flare ups. I'm not sold on those odds. 

I think Cillesen or someone else just became a whole lot more likely. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If that's it, yes. Steer has always impressed me. 

But I think we got to consider Heaton's age here. The likelyhood of him coming back from this to his old form with no new injury flare ups. I'm not sold on those odds. 

I think Cillesen or someone else just became a whole lot more likely. 

He's still young keeper wise, but the serious injury is a minor flag. I confess I'm just a little bored from stockpiling up on yet another keeper every transfer window. We will need a new number one, and if there's a decent prospect out there who is worth it then maybe, but Heaton could happily be our number one for another 3-4 years. I think we only go and get a new keeper when we're at the point of definitely replacing Tom as the keeper. 

If we must, let's loan someone in for a couple of months. 

Kalinic must be awful if he never got a proper look in. I don't recall him making glaringly obvious blunders in the games he played for us, but i stand corrected if wrong. Only 30, Croatian international - you'd think we could get a tune out of him. Nyland - i mean if he could bottle the Leicester semi final games and bring it every week he'd be unreal but unfortunately he's a nervous wreck most weeks.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Kalinic must be awful if he never got a proper look in. I don't recall him making glaringly obvious blunders in the games he played for us, but i stand corrected if wrong. Only 30, Croatian international - you'd think we could get a tune out of him. Nyland - i mean if he could bottle the Leicester semi final games and bring it every week he'd be unreal but unfortunately he's a nervous wreck most weeks.

he looked very slow getting down for the ball in the Championship, it was a strange signing and even stranger we havent given him another chance

• Like 2

Heaton isn't getting any younger and serious injuries have forced long spells on the sidelines in the last 2 seasons.

Steer also seems to pick up a fair quota of injuries.

I think we should invest in a new no 1 keeper.

• Like 2

On 23/08/2020 at 13:53, Johnnyp said:

I never understood the Kalinic signing. Seemed it was coup getting a keeper of his caliber in the Championship but it seemed like DS didn't want him from day 1. 

I've seen him in some of the training shots so he is back with the squad. I'd have him over Nyland who always looks on the edge of collapse. 

• 4 weeks later...

So, what happens to Tom now? I think sadly we will never seem play for us again as he has done absolutely nothing wrong for us aside from get injured. He left to join us because he was a number 2 at Burnley. Ok, we're a bigger club, but he won't be hanging around. Off in January? He might even put in a transfer request to leave this window.

Â