Tom Heaton

midian

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

7-9 million for Reina!? No way would we be paying that for him! 

Why not his current club would like him off the books as has already been suggested in media, as to his wages, his age as well,maybe has a few years left in him as he openly admits himself.

Reina is not brilliant but hes good enough for us.

Whoever buys him will most likely see him play his last games with them,right??

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why not his current club would like him off the books as has already been suggested in media, as to his wages, his age as well,maybe has a few years left in him as he openly admits himself.

Whoever buys him will most likely see him play his last games with them,right??

I’m not disputing we may want to buy him, but for me it would be 2-3m tops. As you say they want him off the books, and he’s 38! (?)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I’m not disputing we may want to buy him, but for me it would be 2-3m tops. As you say they want him off the books, and he’s 38! (?)

I think abit more just because two to three seasons of Reina is still a very good buy, 9mill for a keeper who's still putting in decent performances, three seasons of that is still having there arms and legs off and a good but of business..

I mean like you say it could be less, I've a feeling however that some prem teams may want his service knowing some of the shifts he put in for us this season gone.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think abit more just because two to three seasons of Reina is still a very good buy, 9mill for a keeper who's still putting in decent performances, three seasons of that is still having there arms and legs off and a good but of business..

I mean like you say it could be less, I've a feeling however that some prem teams may want his service knowing some of the shifts he put in for us this season gone.

We bought a 33 year old Tom Heaton for £9million. So happy you don't get to spend the money!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This is the sentiment that has held this club back for so long. As Dean Saunders once said “ Aston Villa are bigger than Liverpool, they just don’t know it”

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We bought a 33 year old Tom Heaton for £9million. So happy you don't get to spend the money!

Well who's to say other clubs coming in for him doesnt drive price up, if your so keen to acquire services of a particular players then some times you just have to pay the price.

I think theres alot of this saving pennies around here and while I agree to a point we are now finding we have to start paying properly to sign in demand players if need be or lose out and sign more of what we have been this season.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well who's to say other clubs coming in for him doesnt drive price up, if your so keen to acquire services of a particular players then some times you just have to pay the price.

I think theres alot of this saving pennies around here and while I agree to a point we are now finding we have to start paying properly to sign in demand players if need be or lose out and sign more of what we have been this season.

You can't use made up things to form an argument! 😁

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, meregreen said:

This is the sentiment that has held this club back for so long. As Dean Saunders once said “ Aston Villa are bigger than Liverpool, they just don’t know it”

Just because someone says something, doesn't always make them right does it, especially just because you agree with them??

I mean people get things wrong and the same person got Wolves relegated which goes to show everyone has mistakes in what they say or do including all of us. 

I do not think were a bigger club than Liverpool, it may of been back then in the 90s possibly, times certainly change though and success has been more on the side of the pool than it has been us over the past two decades.

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Massive backwards step if we sign him. 

I do not agree entirely, I would rather sign Reina for a low price and inject the massive money we would pay for a top class keeper in other areas.

I think we need to inject as much as we can and buy the best out there for our frontline and midfield, having as much coin available there is what we need most i think.

Maybe next season then we can look at your idea of buying one of the best keepers in the business.

Edited by Dave-R

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I do not agree entirely, I would rather sign Reina for a low price and inject the massive money we would pay for a top class keeper in other areas.

I think we need to inject as much as we can and buy the best out there for our frontline and midfield, having as much coin available there is what we need most i think.

Maybe next season then we can look at your idea of buying one of the best keepers in the business.

He’s not good enough, why buy another keeper who’s best days are way behind him?

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

He’s not good enough, why buy another keeper who’s best days are way behind him?

While hes made a mistake or few here and there he has also saved our bacon god knows how many times with some unbelievable saves.

The old hes not good enough is disrespectful to him I think, he has proved he is good enough for this league still.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Ahhh keep Reina and Heaton, could possibly buy Reina for 7-9 mill, excellent buy.

He's costing AC Milan 3.5 million euros per season, apparently they want him off their books and he'll be retiring very soon. Let's start the bidding at £7 million! 😂

Realistically, I think they'd accept around £1 million for him, so if you're talking about saving money for other positions we might want to start the bidding a little lower... 

If Heaton is coming back in 3 weeks time, he will be just in time for preseason. I fully expect him to be no1 next season. Whilst Reina adequately deputised for the 2nd half of the season, he should not be 1st choice. If Reina was to be brought in as a 2nd or 3rd choice that would be different, but I would not want to be paying much for him nor the wages he is currently on. Kalinic will move on obviously and Nyland probably as well despite some OK performances (and some “interesting”ones). Steer is an interesting one but I’m still not sure how his injury is, which is sadly a very common occurrence for Steer. 

Heaton was bought to be the number 1 we have not had since probably Friedel and I have not seen anything to suggest otherwise that he will not be good when he returns, barring any impact from the injury. Being a goalkeeper his age is not that much of an issue and I expect him to be good for a couple of years.

Only then do we need a new 1st choice keeper and as such this is not a priority this window. At most we should be looking for a good back up but Steer could fill that and if Nyland doesn’t move on he could possibly be back up as well. If they both move on then Reina fits that back up role fine, subject to wages etc. of course :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

While hes made a mistake or few here and there he has also saved our bacon god knows how many times with some unbelievable saves.

Start trying to list those times. I bet you don't get past 5.

• Like 1

Â