Tom Heaton

midian

Neither of them were ever going to make the start of next season.

I heard on the athletic a few weeks ago that Heaton had not been progressing too well with his injury. No details provided. Slow recovery I presume or small set backs.

Think both will be looking at Oct/Nov.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Neither of them were ever going to make the start of next season.

I heard on the athletic a few weeks ago that Heaton had not been progressing too well with his injury. No details provided. Slow recovery I presume or small set backs.

Think both will be looking at Oct/Nov.

Doesn't sound good at all.

I think a new GK will be on the summer transfer list. Was always going to be tough for Heaton to come back, especially to the same level he was at. Nyland isn't the answer and as much as I love Jed I think he's best suited as a #2.

Well without question if reina goes back and Heaton still not ready we need another keeper. 

Nylands shit and we need to sell him in the summer.

Id consider going for either krul or ramsdale if we stay up

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Bloody injuries this season, I swear.  Has Ciaran Clark snuck back into the club?

If only we could convince him to go to Burnleys training ground

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Last I heard both Heaton and Wesley are due back 'fit' around the same time i.e. end of August. 

Has that changed?

Not sure I've seen anything that either of them would be back in August. Closest I've read was that they'd be back next season, but that could mean August or December.

Wesley especially will likely be out for a while yet I think and if Heaton had a setback in rehab then he may be out longer than we hoped, he is getting on a bit.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2020 at 12:40, Dante_Lockhart said:

I think a new GK will be on the summer transfer list. Was always going to be tough for Heaton to come back, especially to the same level he was at. Nyland isn't the answer and as much as I love Jed I think he's best suited as a #2.

Have to agree on that one. It's quite ironic though, considering we've been swimming in goal keepers these last seasons.

On 24/07/2020 at 05:00, VillaJ100 said:

It is worrying with him and Wesley. Ordinarily we'd be starting pre-season now?

Actually this works in our favour I guess that the new season starts a month later... but Wesley at least you would want to have a proper pre season.

On 24/07/2020 at 11:40, Dante_Lockhart said:

If we stay up I think Reina will get a 12 month deal. He's back playing week in week out in the prem so I imagine he'll be up for that. Think he has year left at Milan so we'll probably take over the last 12 months, sell Kalinic and Nyland to fund his wages.

Would like to see Steer get a run of games though, for what he gave us in the run in last season he deserves it. If he isn't quite good enough then Heaton will likely be fit by that time aswell.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If we stay up I think Reina will get a 12 month deal. He's back playing week in week out in the prem so I imagine he'll be up for that. Think he has year left at Milan so we'll probably take over the last 12 months, sell Kalinic and Nyland to fund his wages.

Would like to see Steer get a run of games though, for what he gave us in the run in last season he deserves it. If he isn't quite good enough then Heaton will likely be fit by that time aswell.

Didnt Reina say he wasnt going to stick around after the end of this season?

22 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Isnt that now 😛

I think Reina wants move his family back to Liverpool, Adrian is leaving so I think he wants the Liverpool No 2 position

32 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Did read that too. He wanted to go back to Milan and see out his contract. That was when he wasn’t starting and having a bit of a rough patch pre lockdown. May of changed his tune if he’s enjoyed the last few games, would of thought at his age he’d be wanting to play as much football as possible while he still can, would probably need assurances we won’t be involved down the bottom again though...

Â