Tom Heaton

midian

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

How could we outgrow a quality player. Surely strength in depth in all positions is a good thing?

Lots of people are in the 11 man squad club, living in a world we’re nobody gets injured, suspended or loses form. 

• Thanks 1

The only reason we might be able to keep him is his age - he's too good to be backup, really, so you could hardly blame if he wanted to move for first team footy. 

We've definitely upgraded, though. Martinez is absolutely superb. 

6 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Disgraceful. You should change your name to KAZZAM21 for uttering such filth.

Or I know that Heaton isn't getting any younger and his value will be zero in a few years best to cut our losses ASAP and retain as much value as we can. I really don't care where he goes. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

The only reason we might be able to keep him is his age - he's too good to be backup, really, so you could hardly blame if he wanted to move for first team footy. 

We've definitely upgraded, though. Martinez is absolutely superb. 

Agreed, best keeper we've had since Bosnich. Friedel was decent enough for a time, but this guy is fantastic and has everything you want from your number one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

He didn’t say anything outrageous and makes a good pundit.

I perhaps should have ended my post with /s.

I guess I was hoping he'd say more along the lines of "we disagree with the FA's  interpretation of the rule", rather than implying they'd got it correct then doing a slight back track. Was never going to happen if he hopes for any career in football after his professional one has finished and I don't actually want him burned at the stake.

Agree he came across well and better than a lot of the non pundits they have. 

Feel a bit sorry for him - lost his place through no fault of his own; fights his long way back to fitness, all the time looking at the class act we now have in goal......he must be wondering if he'll ever get in. Martinez is THAT good.

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yes, though he moved to Villa because he didn’t want to stay as second choice elsewhere and we could offer first team football at the time.  

Not sure if he’ll be happy staying second choice for long.

I think he will be fine drawing his $40k a week and warming the bench at the stage in his career he is at.

12 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I think he will be fine drawing his $40k a week and warming the bench at the stage in his career he is at.

Ah yes, the old "he'll be fine because he gets enough money". It winds me up.

Maybe he will or maybe he won't - you, or I for that matter, haven't a clue how Tom Heaton feels about his current situation.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Ah yes, the old "he'll be fine because he gets enough money". It winds me up.

Maybe he will or maybe he won't - you, or I for that matter, haven't a clue how Tom Heaton feels about his current situation.

Trust me at 40k a week Tom Heaton will be just fine as a No 2 don't stress, a little bit of punditry on the side here and there wouldn't be able to do that as a No 1!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Trust me at 40k a week Tom Heaton will be just fine as a No 2 don't stress, a little bit of punditry on the side here and there wouldn't be able to do that as a No 1!

That's not how it works.

Was Emi Martinez happy to sit on the bench at Arsenal collecting his fat salary. No he wasnt.

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Ah yeah because the No 2 doesn't do as much training and doesn't put in as much effort as the No 1. I forgot that. He could do the exact same amount of punditry as a No 1. He's free to do what he wants in his spare time whether he is No 1 or No 2.

The comment - he gets enough money, he'll be fine - is one of the most boring and lazy comments when it comes to footballers or highly paid sportstars in general, and says a lot more about the person making that comment than the person being commented on. Not that there's anything wrong with being like that - whatever floats your boat within reason.

I just mean nobody apart from Tom Heaton knows if Tom Heaton is content with his situation at the moment.

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That's not how it works.

Was Emi Martinez happy to sit on the bench at Arsenal collecting his fat salary. No he wasnt.

Emi isn't Tom Heatons age and is a much more talented keeper.

We'll see if he moves on but I doubt it very much.

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Emi isn't Tom Heatons age and is a much more talented keeper.

We'll see if he moves on but I doubt it very much.

Doubting he will move on is a fair comment, i also doubt it.  

Very different to trusting you that he is fine with £40k/week and therefore there isn't a potential issue that could crop up.

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Ah yeah because the No 2 doesn't do as much training and doesn't put in as much effort as the No 1. I forgot that. He could do the exact same amount of punditry as a No 1. He's free to do what he wants in his spare time whether he is No 1 or No 2.

The comment - he gets enough money, he'll be fine - is one of the most boring and lazy comments when it comes to footballers or highly paid sportstars in general, and says a lot more about the person making that comment than the person being commented on. Not that there's anything wrong with being like that - whatever floats your boat within reason.

I just mean nobody apart from Tom Heaton knows if Tom Heaton is content with his situation at the moment.

Who said a No 2 does less training than a No 1? Stop making things up I didnt write that, he's doing punditry because he's coming tonthe end of his career and its more acceptable to see a squad player on TV than a 1st team regular. Sorry to disappoint with the boring and lazy comments 😂 If he moves on come back say I told you you so, you obviously know best.

• Like 1

Â