Tom Heaton

midian

8 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Until he got injured Heaton kept four clean sheets in twenty matches.

Defensively I thought we were o.k until Mings did his hamstring v Leicester.

Yes we weren't keeping many clean sheets but we'd only actually conceded more than 2 goals in three games up to start of December, away to Spurs, Arsenal and Man. City. Since then it's fallen apart at the back for various reasons but we simply don't have enough talkers and calm heads and really struggle when we lose one to injury.

After his rash home debut Heaton was pretty solid in the games and a rare good value for money signing.

• Like 1

This might surprise you btw. Number of  league clean sheets kept to end of December:

Spurs-  2

Arsenal- 3

Chelsea- 4

Man. United- 3

Liverpool- 6

Wolves- 4

Everton- 5

Just for @villalad21 Sheffield United- 7

So Tom Heaton in decent company.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He's definitely better than Pickford IMO, but then so are Foster, Henderson and Pope (and I don't even rate them that highly!)

For me, Pickford is the undisputed number 1 for me with Henderson and Pope as number 2 and 3 respectively 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

For me, Pickford is the undisputed number 1 for me with Henderson and Pope as number 2 and 3 respectively 

Pickford is extremely suspect. He has a f**k up in him that can surface when least expected. He wouldn't make my England team at all !

Edited by gurru991
grammar
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Pickford is extremely suspect. He has a f**k up in him that can surface when least expected. He wouldn't make my England team at all !

Do you remember his performances at the 2018 World Cup? He was magnificent 

39 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No he wasn't. He had a better tournament than expected but far from magnificent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was OK, made that stunning save and the penalties, the main thing was he was better than Hart 

But he's still been utter dogshit for Everton, I think Southgate will stand by him but Henderson should be 1st choice

Heaton would do well to make the squad despite being a better keeper than pickford, I think Southgate is as stubborn as every other England manager he just gets away with it 

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was decent. Very Good in the penalties but Magnificent is pushing it.  He has a 6.35 rating this season so far & Tom Heaton was at 6.57 !

He has let in quite a few easy goals due to lack of concentration. Dean Henderson has been a far superior keeper (6.75) this season & should be starting for England based on performance.

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

35 next season and with 2 separate major injuries under his belt. Big question mark against him and Steer. 

Wouldn't be too quick to sell Nyland.

What's your problem with Steer?

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What's your problem with Steer?

No problem. I rate him. God knows where he would be if not for injuries. Maybe an international by now.

Problem is he is might be more susceptible to a long term injury than any player we have ever had. Outfield included.

On 09/06/2020 at 06:56, Zatman said:

No he wasn't. He had a better tournament than expected but far from magnificent 

I think you’re doing him a disservice, without Pickford we wouldn’t have advanced as far as the semi finals in my opinion 

On 09/06/2020 at 07:47, villa4europe said:

He was OK, made that stunning save and the penalties, the main thing was he was better than Hart 

But he's still been utter dogshit for Everton, I think Southgate will stand by him but Henderson should be 1st choice

Heaton would do well to make the squad despite being a better keeper than pickford, I think Southgate is as stubborn as every other England manager he just gets away with it 

I don’t think that Heaton is better than Pickford, I agree that Henderson should be England number one but in order to do that, he will probably need to leave Old Trafford as I don’t think he will displace De Gea

19 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He was decent. Very Good in the penalties but Magnificent is pushing it.  He has a 6.35 rating this season so far & Tom Heaton was at 6.57 !

He has let in quite a few easy goals due to lack of concentration. Dean Henderson has been a far superior keeper (6.75) this season & should be starting for England based on performance.

Magnificent is exaggerating a bit but Pickford did play a key role in our run to the World Cup 2018 semi final

Nick Pope gets overlooked because he is at an unfashionable club in Burnley, it shouldn’t be like that but it is sadly

Henderson has been great for Sheffield United though, make no mistake

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think that Heaton is better than Pickford, I agree that Henderson should be England number one but in order to do that, he will probably need to leave Old Trafford as I don’t think he will displace De Gea

Utd will overprice him out of a permanent move to Sheffield cos they'll want the FFP top up to chase targets that they then under price 

Can see a £30m price tag on him 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Utd will overprice him out of a permanent move to Sheffield cos they'll want the FFP top up to chase targets that they then under price 

Can see a £30m price tag on him 

I think you are correct, £30m is an awful lot of money for a young keeper who isn’t an established number one at club level or international level. He is only 22 years old though, he has plenty of time. I think he is excellent though, don’t get me wrong

I doubt Man Utd will sell him. He could be No1 there soon. Brilliant keeper.

Pickford is good although his permafurious face annoys me. I would have Henderson, Pope and Heaton above him currently though. He has been poor this season.

Â