Matt Targett

villan-scott

Absolutely criminal how he lost his man for that first goal. He was basically ball watching and completely oblivious to Ings on his right.

Stick to your man and make their life hell for 90 mins. That's what all our defenders should be doing, basics!! 

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he is a very decent squad player, however we need a better fullback than him.

As our back up full back I would be happy with him. Problem is we paid 14 million for him was it?

Have we ever had 2 great fullbacks at once, like ever?

They are crucial to the modern game.

I've said before and it's unpopular opinion but I wouldn't be averse to buying another.

A starting Left Back, and back up for Guibert.

He is not the finished article, and this is the problem, most the time you buy a player from a lower/mid table Premier League team, there is a reason they are letting them go.

Which is why, as much as people cry for "Premier League experience"

I'm sure we could have gotten a better Left Back than Matt Targett for what we paid, elsewhere!

Swain and Gibson/Williams. 

God, we're desperate aren't we. Maybe it's time to go 3-5-2, and then at least Targett and Guilbert can concentrate a bit more on going forward, which they seem to be a bit better at.

Almost certainly wouldn't/won't work, of course. 'All our centre backs are terrible so let's play three of them' is not brain genius strategy, more just a mark of how dire we are.

I'm not convinced. He's not done well today, he looks a little unsure of himself and a little heavier than he should be. He's not getting up and down the field in the way I'd hoped and he doesn't look the fittest or the quickest of players at the moment. I'd like to see a lot more from him.

Â