Matt Targett

villan-scott

Fantastic performance again. 

I would have been happy with either Matt or Bertrand when we bought him from Southampton. But I think he's now much better than Bertrand!

Great signing at a bargain price. I love that he keeps wanting to improve as well. 

England cap can't be too far away imo

If Grealish is out for a while, Targett could well be in the running for our POTS. He’s been superb. 

As others have said, he’s always been a technically good footballer, he just needed to add grit and improved positional play to his game. 

He’s done that and he’s now one of the first names on the team sheet. Superb player. 

13 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Mad to think people used to question his mentality.

Not at all - certainly not at the time. An area that he has improved upon massively is his psychological approach to the game - he's no longer afraid of the contact/getting injured and he's taking his role very seriously. He's clearly been moulded by the training staff into the player he is today through a combination of his potential, hard work and professionalism. He's almost unrecognisable from the player we bought. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

so the 13 million or whatever we paid for him that was called overpriced last season. Is it a bargain now?

think it was nearer 18m. and yes at the time he was overpriced. he has developed into a bargain.

just like we overpaid for mings and he has increased in value. and watkins. and luiz. and hause. and probably trez too.

we definitely have gotten the transfer policy spot on at the moment, buy players that we can increase in value. we'd make profit on all i just mentioned if we were to sell today.

Â