Matt Targett

villan-scott

It shows how Deano can see potential. When i think of players at premier league level i think of them being coached in tactics not really to improve as players. But it seems that from 1 to 11 our coaching staff are improving their ability. No one has gone backwards . Even when replacements have come in they have performed far better than they did last season. I think the sports science guys need a pat on the back for Targett. He is a yard quicker and far braver as well as tactically aware now. And to top it off he has a sweet left foot.  Loving this 

• Like 3

I can only echo the comments above, he's superb. There was one bit in the second half I think where he'd backed off the Arsenal player a bit. Not to worry, one immaculate sliding tackle later, danger over. I don't think there's a right sided player who's got the better of him this season yet. Long may it continue.

• Like 1

I know there are plenty on here that recognise what a player he is developing into and I know it’s Harsh...but, I can’t help but feel that if he had the looks of matty cash he would be getting the plaudits he does. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

I know there are plenty on here that recognise what a player he is developing into and I know it’s Harsh...but, I can’t help but feel that if he had the looks of matty cash he would be getting the plaudits he does. 

He is to Cash what McGinn is to Grealish, that mate who makes you look better looking.

1 hour ago, Jimmyg said:

But Henri Lansbury looks like Matty Cash and got no plaudits. lol

I doubt the average fan gives out plaudits based on looks.

Our McGinn is no Rico Suave and we rave about him.

Weve given Targett his plaudits multiple times, but it is now to the point where his top performances are ' normal '.

We also have new talking points and different players impressing most weeks.

Id be more inclined to say because he is a defender, and not an attacker, is why he doesn't get as much shine.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But Henri Lansbury looks like Matty Cash and got no plaudits. lol

I doubt the average fan gives out plaudits based on looks.

Ooh, I'm not sure y'know.

I'm sure we have a poster on here that insists we sign certain players because they have a wonderful hairdo!     B)

Only got to see first half today , looked to be having good game again but was times where I thought he looked tired, it's concerning that we have Taylor waiting to come in if anything happens to him, everywhere else apart from up top we look like we could probably give players a break like Luiz today

5 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Only got to see first half today , looked to be having good game again but was times where I thought he looked tired, it's concerning that we have Taylor waiting to come in if anything happens to him, everywhere else apart from up top we look like we could probably give players a break like Luiz today

Re Taylor and our RB's, I think these epitomize how well we are managed these days, no panic buying, smart financial manage now to be able to satisfy FFP for upcoming windows, doing things for the right reason at the right time feels a million miles from the mismanagement of the last ten years.

He doesn’t seem to show much emotion does he. He could have just made a crunching challenge or given the ball away and he still has the same look on his face. 

Had another good game today. Really does love a tackle. Best left back we’ve had since Bouma.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Â