Matt Targett

villan-scott

I genuinely never though he had this player in him.

Never disliked him but always saw him as a weak link in the long term.

The man has come on so strong this season it's ridiculous.

There were a few sequences where I was watching his reading of the game and actions and he was incredible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely never though he had this player in him.

Never disliked him but always saw him as a weak link in the long term.

The man has come on so strong this season it's ridiculous.

There were a few sequences where I was watching his reading of the game and actions and he was incredible.

Agree, I thought we had our pants pulled down with the few when Saints agreed to sell him to us. His performances continued from his time at Saints (he wasn’t particularly a bad player I just didn’t think he was worth the fee or that he was that good) but this season he has gone on to another level and it’s fast looking a bargain. Our behind the scenes coaching must has improved a lot I feel (Shakespeare?)

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Another great performance

That tackle, for me as a football playing and supporting man, was orgasmic. I mean, got there, blocked the ball and took the player out. Then, just to put the icing on the cake, a few minutes later he made a clearance that smashed off the same players head and floored him. 

He literally took Manquillo out of the game. 

I have liked Matt Targett from day one and have always liked him. I felt he was let down last season by not having enough help/cover from Jack but this season it's fallen into place and they absolutely compliment each other. What a player he's become. 

• Like 1

it's not really form anymore is it? been consistently good this season for the most part and that can only result in what we know: he is a fantastic player. not sure that the argument of him being a weak link really holds up anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He was really good last season as well, I'm not sure why people were hard on him last year. He's a very solid fullback

yeah I thought he was good last season too. but he's even better this season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Surprisingly his first assist of the season - he was previously the only outfielder from the starting ten who hadn't got either a goal or assist up until that point. 

Haha technically probably ye, but the Watkins goal v Newcastle and Saka own goal are as good as assists. Really surprised he doesnt actually have a proper one before last night.

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Haha technically probably ye, but the Watkins goal v Newcastle and Saka own goal are as good as assists. Really surprised he doesnt actually have a proper one before last night.

I count those as assists personally. oh and what an assist he had yesterday for Ollie's goal. fantastic curled lowball into the box.

Anybody on Twitter, get over to the soccer Am page and vote for him as full back of the season so far. Some shocking admissions from their original list so they’ve added an extra round. Completely pointless and trivial but he deserves the recognition.

Â