Matt Targett

villan-scott

Easily our most improved player over the course of the season. I've been critical of him in the past but all you can ask of someone who's a weak link is to work harder at their game and better themselves. Targett has done exactly that, and very impressively I should add. When you consider he had Covid just a few weeks ago, it's even more impressive.

Good man Matty.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

His takedown and pass to jack in the lead up to the goal hardly got mentioned. It was world class. Absolutely wonderful LB. He is seriously in the argument for player of the season other than Jack. So important for us. Just gets better and better. 

His weight of pass is sensational. He's one of the best ball players at VP since the 90s...and he's a defender.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

His weight of pass is sensational. He's one of the best ball players at VP since the 90s...and he's a defender.

Great vision both in picking a pass and positional awareness. He hardly puts a foot wrong this season.

He really has come on leaps and bounds. He seems to time nearly everything spot on. 

There doesn't seem much difference between this season and last season in his original positioning but he seems to have an extra bit of acceleration, and extra split second on where to move, an extra bit of power when going in for the challenge or header. Everything has crept up. His final ball into the box is quality most of the time too. 

Small increases to nearly all of his game has seen him develop into the player we thought we could have. This is a credit to Dean Smith and the rest of the coaching staff as nearly every player who comes into the club these days seems to push on and develop. It's in stark contrast to my local club, Wrexham where most half-decent signings seem to just regress. 

Keep it up la!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Always loved him as a footballer. I cant remember the last defender we had with some a brilliant weight of pass and comfort to receive the ball.

Took it to the next level now though. One ball played in the air tonight and I just new Targett was coming out to absolutely clear house. Boom. Jedinak header.

He has it all.

You never seen Carlos Cuellar passes 🤔

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Superb tonight but little surprise these days, his level of consistency now is quite something.

I absolutely love him.

Its getting a bit boring actually people saying this weekly, if we didn't have Jack or Emiliano he would probably be our player of the season. cant be long until an England call up 

Edited by Zatman

Â