Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, such a cruel injury…

I thought there were some encouraging signs in certain games and he did get a few goals..

What a great moment this was:

He’d score pretty much the identical goal at Walsall feeding off the ball from Jota. When they replicated it against Everton I thought they would have some great partnership. I think that was the only thing they did 😢 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’d score pretty much the identical goal at Walsall feeding off the ball from Jota. When they replicated it against Everton I thought they would have some great partnership. I think that was the only thing they did 😢 

It was a great run and superb finish for that Everton one. He also found space well to get that goal at the Emirates.

That Everton game though he was actually a beast that night. He bullied Yerry Mina.

• Like 1

So if its a 1 year deal its a free transfer with maybe some bonus clauses if hw does well. 

Like above main aim was to get him off the wage bill. 

I looked at stoke summer signings and they might have a chance for play offs some smart signings. Including our ex player johnson from preston

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

But surely loaning him out endlessly until he runs his contract down and leaves for free is just as bad from a FFP perspective? At least this way his wages are gone.

yeah exactly, plus one of the criteria back when we signed him for him to get his work permit was the investment in him had to be in the top 25% of players at the club.

Allegedly one of the reasons his fee was slightly inflated (though I'm sure Brugge also negotiated v. Well) but also his wages would've been quite high for a player that would've been very close to our record fee at that time

Quite amazed it's a permanent transfer and he's signed a 1 year deal. We might have paid him up part of his final contract so he could leave permanently. No way Stoke are paying him the same wages he was on here.

I wish him the best of luck, it's clear the terrible injury really impacted his career.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So if its a 1 year deal its a free transfer with maybe some bonus clauses if hw does well. 

Like above main aim was to get him off the wage bill. 

I looked at stoke summer signings and they might have a chance for play offs some smart signings. Including our ex player johnson from preston

They’ve had an excellent window I think Stoke is a stable well run club.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Quite amazed it's a permanent transfer and he's signed a 1 year deal. We might have paid him up part of his final contract so he could leave permanently. No way Stoke are paying him the same wages he was on here.

I wish him the best of luck, it's clear the terrible injury really impacted his career.

I was wondering this and thought maybe Wes had even took a pay cut to try get his career on track but the former seems more likely.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on next season. I don't have high hopes but each season is one more year recovered from a serious Mee injury.

• Like 2

Best of luck Wes. Will be hoping that you do well at Stoke. You deserve a change in fortune after your terrible injury.

Hope Ben Mee suffers in the same way as you havel

6 goals in 22 games for us before that terrible injury which wasn't a bad return for a player adjusting to a new country/league. He showed glimpses that there was a good player there and I think had that injury not happened he'd kicked on and have done okay for us.

I wish him well and hopefully he can go on to have a decent career still.

• Like 2

Â