Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Had a look cos I had a sneaking suspicion about it

We signed him in summer 2019, other striker transfers that summer - drmic to norwich (1 PL goal that season) trossard (5) Adams to Southampton (4) Perez to Leicester (8) Haller to West ham (7) mousset to sheff utd (6) Joelinton to Newcastle (2) ayew to Palace (9) cutrone to wolves (2) mcburnie to Sheffield utd (6) Kean to everton (2) maupay to Brighton (10) Carroll to Newcastle (0)

Danny Ings was an anomaly with 22

Wes got 5 goals for us in 21 games which puts him near enough in the middle

Other general transfers - fornals to West ham, gomes to Everton, hazard to real Madrid, James to man utd, wan bissaka to utd, ndombele to spurs, delph to Everton, lookman to leipzig, pepe to arsenal, gbamin to Everton, maguire to utd, iwobi to Everton, Luiz to arsenal - its like scouts went on strike

He's not the worst signing that summer that's for sure, everyone was at it

• Like 3

18 hours ago, lexicon said:

Read somewhere that Stoke took over his contract in full (hence the one year deal) but didn't pay a fee for him. 

Wouldn't surprise me.

That's effectively a fee as if we'd sold him we'd have owed him the remainder of his contract money anyway.  Positive for our FFP position this season anyway. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Wouldn't surprise me.

That's effectively a fee as if we'd sold him we'd have owed him the remainder of his contract money anyway.  Positive for our FFP position this season anyway. 

I guess it's the best deal we could get, so just went with it. 

That season we came back up, I genuinely feared for us, a squad rebuild of the size that was required was always going to be a struggle to make things click. Sometimes I genuinely wondered where the points would come from. One player was consistently very good, others were patchy at best, some looked absolute rubbish. As a whole, we were garbage. 

Wesley was, in my opinion, no worse than many others. Add the fact he was so young, new country etc, and I think he deserves a bit of slack. And at times, dare I say it, he looked pretty effing good! 

I wish him all the very best, seems a top lad. Oh yeah, and F**K Ben Mee.

• Like 2

Came on as a substitute in the 92nd min for stoke on the weekend, they won the game 4-1. Stoke are playing West Brom in the first round of the league cup tommorow so perhaps he will get a start in that game and score against the baggies for us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Came on as a substitute in the 92nd min for stoke on the weekend, they won the game 4-1. Stoke are playing West Brom in the first round of the league cup tommorow so perhaps he will get a start in that game and score against the baggies for us!

Come on  wes!

• Like 1

Â