Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Interesting move that.

Not sure his body will hold up to the rigours of championship football but Stoke have a few forwards on their books so guess he'll start as rotation option and see if he can get a regular start as season goes on.

I wish him well. Clearly still feels he can make a mark in English football.

Edited by VillaChris

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The Stoke forum seems to think it wasn’t a loan as to not take up one of their loan slots. Probably agreeable to both parties as we wanted rid of him.

Surely someone else could've loaned him to avoid us taking a hit, maybe something else is at play though...

4 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Surely someone else could've loaned him to avoid us taking a hit, maybe something else is at play though...

We wanted rid of him though

Remember when we signed Chambers for £0? Probably something similar at play here.

Edited by duke313

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

That's what i'm trying to figure out though, we can't have wanted him out that badly to impact our FFP by a decent amount...

But surely loaning him out endlessly until he runs his contract down and leaves for free is just as bad from a FFP perspective? At least this way his wages are gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But surely loaning him out endlessly until he runs his contract down and leaves for free is just as bad from a FFP perspective? At least this way his wages are gone.

Yeah that's true actually, be a £4.4m hit this year or next i guess, plus no wages, you're right

What self - respecting Villa fan would begrudge him success in getting this move. Such a shame how things turned out for him. Although I didn't think he was at the level required for a premier league striker, he still came across asbone of those players who you desperately wanted to prove you wrong, sadly he will never get that chance now, but I think he could get at least 10 a season in the Championship. 

Just make sure you wrap up, Wes, and all the best in the future. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

For me Wes is a good passer and quite a composed finisher. He lacked in many areas but who knows what he could have gone on to do if it wasn't for the injury. We were one poor side that season as well.

Smith persisted with him when many were crying out for Kodjia (me included) and in hindsight that was obviously down to attitude. I'm sure Smith even commented how humble Wes was, how grateful he was for the PL opportunity and how he gave it his all in training. He even went out of his way to say that Wes still had a Villa future as he went out on his first loan post-injury.

Anyway, good luck Wes! Very likeable guy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Done well to get a Championship move as to be brutally honest he has shown nothing since that horror injury.

I bemoan his poor luck and sincerely wish him the best in trying to restart his career after suffering GBH on a football pitch,

Did that prick get booked for that challenge?

I look at the leading scorers in Championship last season see Akpom, Gyokeres, Carlton Morris, Piroe, Tom Bradshaw, Zian Flemming, Jerry Yates, Ollie McBurnie, and Josh Sargent, if those players can score double figures at Champ level then so can Wesley.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Keinan Davis has twelve goals and four assists over his last 38 games worth of Championship football.

Thats why i cant understand qhy they would go for wesley instead of davis

He signed 1 year deal with them...So essentially it is a loan but put through as a transfer so not to take up one of their loan slots.

Apart from his wages off the wagebill I wouldn't think we getting a penny for him. Still, it's good we managed to offload him, what a disastrous transfer that was.

Â