Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

That game against Burnley he was on fire before that shocking tackle. He netted 5 league goals in half a season his first year in the Premier league. Could have forged a decent career I reckon .

Best of luck  

That game gets exaggerated because it was one game where he didn't look like he'd won a competition to play for us.

• Like 1

I think he will do well in the Championship, double figures at least, should link up well with Daniel Johnson who's creativity and delivery will suit Wesley. Stoke making some interesting signings on the cheap, Enda Stevens, Ben Pearson, Daniel Johnson, Ki-Jana Hoever and Chiquinho on loan from Wolves.

6 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

The good news… the number 9 shirt has opened up!!! 

It already was, Bertie wore it last season after being recalled. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That game gets exaggerated because it was one game where he didn't look like he'd won a competition to play for us.

people talk about that game like he was the second coming of lukaku or something.

injury or not, absolute disaster of a signing. nice of stoke to give him a chance i guess. what do we think? free transfer?

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2023/july/28/wesley-moraes-moves-to-the-bet365-stadium/

• Brazil international joins from Aston Villa
  • 26-year-old pens one-year contract with City
  • Wesley won two Belgian league titles before move to England

One year contract. He has bet on himself there. I wonder if he had offers from elsewhere with longer contracts, but clearly thinks he can impress in his year at Stoke. If he doesn't, who knows where next. Villa probably still paying much of his salary. Hopefully he has gotten good advice on making his money last. 

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

people talk about that game like he was the second coming of lukaku or something.

injury or not, absolute disaster of a signing. nice of stoke to give him a chance i guess. what do we think? free transfer?

Yeah, almost certainly a free transfer. 

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Imagine it’s a nominal fee. 

Good luck to him - his career at Villa was cruelly curtailed by a cynical foul by Ben Mee just at the time he looked to begin to find some form.

It'll be £0.00 and I'd be surprised if we're not paying some of his contract. What would his salary be? In the £30-60k a week I imagine for a £20m signing.

Regardless, good luck Big Wes!

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Wow! 😮 

Would never have expected this! And on a permanent deal?!

Especially after this 🤣

spacer.png

Good luck to him, hope he does well.

Tear up the Championship Wes!

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It'll be £0.00 and I'd be surprised if we're not paying some of his contract. What would his salary be? In the £30-60k a week I imagine for a £20m signing.

Regardless, good luck Big Wes!

You'd assume Stoke would have even paid up his contract?

Can't see us doing a deal where we lose from every angle.

How long was left on his contract?

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'll be amazed if he is a success in that league. 

Was this a necessary comment - entitled to your opinion but geez couldn’t you have just wished him all the best ? I know critical is your default but geez let it go ffs 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Great move for him, gutted it didn't work out for him here but would love him to get his career back on track

Yeah, such a cruel injury…

I thought there were some encouraging signs in certain games and he did get a few goals..

What a great moment this was:

• Like 2

Â