Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have read that Rick Parry thinks that the premier league parachute payments are a evil that need to be eradicated. A couple of points. Firstly if they scrapped them then all relegated clubs would probably go out of business within a couple of months due to the huge chasm in tv rights between the premier and football league. 

Fixed that for you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I realise that but by early June we could be where Germany are now in terms of daily new cases and fatalities. In fact it will be shocking if we are not 

Large shops (over 800m2) and schools (if you have exams this year) have been open for 2 weeks here and we never had the restrictions on lock down that the UK had (mine is basically you're allowed out and to meet up but only ever as a 2) now we're only allowed in shops, hospital, on buses etc if you wear a face mask 

Im expecting that if football comes back then so will a lot of other things, me back in the office for example, restaurants too

And all of that has the threat of everything closing again if the rate of infection rises over a certain threshold (with various states having worse infection rates) 

Is the uk really 4 weeks away from that? That would be shops such as M&S, Debenhams and Next opening in 2 weeks time

58 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can’t see it.  Imagine if we climb out after a couple of wins and let’s say West Ham drop into the bottom three, there will be uproar from the cockneys!

Good point but its easier to finish the season if each side had played 30 games for exMple than us in relegation zone playing one game less.

We could sue them greatly as could sheffield united.

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Large shops (over 800m2) and schools (if you have exams this year) have been open for 2 weeks here and we never had the restrictions on lock down that the UK had (mine is basically you're allowed out and to meet up but only ever as a 2) now we're only allowed in shops, hospital, on buses etc if you wear a face mask 

Im expecting that if football comes back then so will a lot of other things, me back in the office for example, restaurants too

And all of that has the threat of everything closing again if the rate of infection rises over a certain threshold (with various states having worse infection rates) 

Is the uk really 4 weeks away from that? That would be shops such as M&S, Debenhams and Next opening in 2 weeks time

That's ok- in 4 weeks Debhenhams will be bust anyway

Destroyed high street banter.

Issue's now with sponsors if games played behind closed doors and neutral venues 

Training put back a week due to player concerns 

Meanwhile PL also trying to deal with the Newcastle take over which seems to have same issues as restarting league , no on can make a decision 

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been posted already but do we know who the asthmatic player & the one with a recovering mum are? Looks like they must be 1st teamers so just wondered who we'll be missing if this farce of a season continues?

26 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Not sure if it's been posted already but do we know who the asthmatic player & the one with a recovering mum are? Looks like they must be 1st teamers so just wondered who we'll be missing if this farce of a season continues?

It's not asthma, Grealish has a form of bronchitis called 'bong-itis' from an overnight stay at McCormack's house. We're f^<ked!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I was wondering the same. This will happen with other teams as well. Players will also pull out of these games and be treated as being "injured". Players will be isolated after tests and will miss games. Clubs that are "on the beach" will field weakened teams. Home advantage will be lost and games will be played in empty stadiums. This will make vital results a lottery. Where's the so called integrity then? As if the likes of the PL or Parry care... .:( Still at least Liverpool will get their trophy and Leeds might get up. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I think this is basically the subtext of Dean's comments - yeah sure we'll compete and fancy our chances but just so it's clear we'll be competing with a depleted squad which could deplete further because all it takes is player refusal or further infection. I'm sure there'll be plenty 'thank fooks for that' when it's officially called off and this daft charade can stop. 

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

So Germany has pushed back the start date to the end of the month now 

And as even the most rabid right winger wouldn't dare breathe that we should start earlier than the Germans given the small matter of the highest death rate in Europe - that is surely season over for the premier league. Who'd have thought that Tory incompetence might save Villa from relegation. 

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And as even the most rabid right winger wouldn't dare breathe that we should start earlier than the Germans given the small matter of the highest death rate in Europe - that is surely season over for the premier league. Who'd have thought that Tory incompetence might save Villa from relegation. 

Cameron had such great foresight back when he could differentiate between teams in Claret and Blue.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Away from politics, David Cameron is privately delighted that he's saved his two favourite teams from relegation.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Are you talking about El Ghazi or Trez......either way I would call them inside right forwards though rather than right wingers. 🤣

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Think I remember reading or hearing that Engels had asthma. No idea if true!

For some reason I thought it was Neil Taylor, for some reason I think I heard an interview in the past he mentioned it

• Thanks 1

Could be Drinkwater, he was blowing out his ass after 15 minutes and never lasted more than 60.

That's likely down him just being unfit but who knows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2