Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

What happens if fans travel there anyway,  like 1000's,  if Man Utd play in London for example ? 

They would need to stop the game as the well being of fans inside or outside any ground when a game is on is on (Duty of care ?) that ground / club where the game is.

If 2 sets of fans turn up + any home fans that have heard etc etc

I am not convinced they have thought it all through.

It's like they think fans of teams only reside within a few miles of the ground ...i can tell you I'm 100's of miles away from Liverpool and majority of my friends are Liverpool fans ( born in 80's can't think why they support liverpool ...) 

• Like 1

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I bet I know.

My brothers Father in Law is also a Liverpool fan and managed to get my 3 nephews on board ( I really should disown my brother for allowing it )  ..I'm bloody surrounded by them at all angles 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

My brothers Father in Law is also a Liverpool fan and managed to get my 3 nephews on board ( I really should disown my brother for allowing it )  ..I'm bloody surrounded by them at all angles 

Weak parenting,  which is a shame 🤡

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Weak parenting,  which is a shame 🤡

Hey kids do you want to watch Villa get hammered  or watch Liverpool win the champs league ...tough sell.

Dean Smith has said in interview we have a player with Asthma and might not be allowed/want to play ( Neville interviewing him says he has 2  players like this at Salford and is asking the question on safety)  another player has MIL in remission living with him.

5 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Hey kids do you want to watch Villa get hammered  or watch Liverpool win the champs league ...tough sell.

Dean Smith has said in interview we have a player with Asthma and might not be allowed/want to play ( Neville interviewing him says he has 2  players like this at Salford and is asking the question on safety)  another player has MIL in remission living with him.

I’ve not heard of this Asthma kid, is he any good? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve not heard of this Asthma kid, is he any good? 

We almost signed Sal Butamol iirc but it was a long drawn out and in transfer saga,  the other party just kept kicking the canister down the road.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

A few nice houses in Aston for sale....very cosmopolitan.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

The games we have away left with the exception of Liverpool are probably more winnable than the home ones we have left

I think we're that inconsistent it's hard to tell

I think we can make a decent argument too that wolves and utd at home would be our most in demand 2 games all season 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think we're that inconsistent it's hard to tell

I think we can make a decent argument too that wolves and utd at home would be our most in demand 2 games all season 

True but playing away games at neutral venues could be in our favour. It’s all bollocks anyway. Whatever happens now it’s all going to be farcical.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

So could a bloke from The Government. 

I would be very concerned then that its been leaked so easily. But the point is anyone could have written that. Not a relaible source.

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The games we have away left with the exception of Liverpool are probably more winnable than the home ones we have left

By the time we get there, it'll be the Liverpool team we played in the League cup.

• Like 2

Everyday there seems to be a different consensus as to what's going to happen. WIll be glad when they finally make a decision, should only be a matter of days now, strange to think we could actually be confirmed as relegated by this time next week on PPG or someting, although seems they're really pushing for the season to resume. Can't be good for the players not knowing what's going to happen, obviously they're all in the same situation, but the ones who are better mentally prepared will have an advantage when/if the season starts again.

Very hard to predict what games will be hard when its neither home or away and BCD

Easiest example is Liverpool , away to them if they have already won league what kind of team or effort are they going to put out. West Ham last day again if they safe   N Venue so no last day home fans to keep them going likely to an easy game.

People complain about integrity being  brought up I am sure if we play come the end of the season the effort or non effort of some teams and weird results won't be forgotten and its pot luck if you are benefiting from it all not.Imagine we go to Liverpool away beat them easily as they can't be assed /play kids and thats what keeps us up.